Managerial Merry-Go-Round

HOODLUM65

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

Celtic offered Lennon managers job & he has accepted.

Lawless must have been on the champagne.

Rangers for the title next season then.

Going to be a lot of empty seats counted in the attendance figures at Parkhead next season.  One of my Celtic supporting pals is wondering if he can get a refund on his season ticket.

On 5/29/2019 at 1:34 PM, mainstand said:

Goodwin now 1/6 with bookies. 

Seems it's not a certainty, despite Dee agreeing compo. with Alloa.

Out of the 'hundreds' of applicants it would now appear that the next Manager is already on the books.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Well, the job has gone to James McPake, with Jimmy Nichol coming on board as assistant. Apparently talks with Goodwin "broke down". Also looks like there's still a chance of Strachan going along as an adviser or something, though with Nichol's experience I don't see why they need to splash out on Strachcn as well.

34 minutes ago, cristo said:

Well, the job has gone to James McPake, with Jimmy Nichol coming on board as assistant. Apparently talks with Goodwin "broke down". Also looks like there's still a chance of Strachan going along as an adviser or something, though with Nichol's experience I don't see why they need to splash out on Strachcn as well.

Have heard rumours that Goodwin pulled out because of interest from another club (possibly Killie?).

Feels like Dundee are scraping the barrel a little bit.

49 minutes ago, cristo said:

Dundee love wasting money.

4 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Seems it's not a certainty, despite Dee agreeing compo. with Alloa.

Out of the 'hundreds' of applicants it would now appear that the next Manager is already on the books.

We'll just have to wait and see.

very strange one!!

was Jimmy Nichol not at St Mirren? seems to have gone as his assistant. 

On 5/22/2019 at 1:30 PM, blueheaven said:

Surely it's great news for Saints though? I'd much rather see Killie slide back down below us in the table than emerge as some sort of new force. I'd also like to think that Clarke, as a manager with no Old Firm baggage, might be more willing to give chances to players from clubs like our own.

Sorry for delay in replying haven't been on here for a while.

I see what you are saying and if indeed things do change and Clarke does embrace the wider picture outside the two Glasgow clubs then of course it would be good for Saints and, other clubs that have players deserving of international participation on their books.

My comment about being disappointed was more to do with the fact that there will now likely to be less chance of Killie taking points off the two (main) Glasgow clubs, whose very existence and the fact that we have now reverted to the old duopoly vice the recent monopoly (but one where clubs other than those two were winning trophies) has always rankled with me. If proper due dilligance had been carried out by the SFA in 2012 we would not have a club masquarading as Rangers in Scottish football. (imho) There may have been a club playing out of Ibrox but not calling itself by the name of the club currently (still) undergoing liquidation.

I remember having a debate on the old  Saints official site (1997) before it was shut down. The debate was about how one of the then OF clubs could be removed from the setup completely. The debate eventually petered out with no one offering any idea on how such an outcome might be arrived at.

It should have happened in 2012.

Apologies for the way over the top reply. :laugh:

Edited by Indicator

• 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Cagey said:

St Mirren looking for a new manager. Leaving by mutual consent.

Aye, he was told to stay away from training today. They wanted him to move from Ireland to Paisley.

The Club would be aware of his domestic situ when they appointed him.

I see Gerrard has ruled himself out for the Derby job saying he wishes to finish the job at Ayebroke.

Translated he means " Don't you know that to be established fully as the guy to replace Klopp, when he eventually leaves Liverpool, I have to win something. Sevco's players are a bunch of useless twats but  I am getting my pick of Liverpool prospects to help and Celtic have just appointed Lennon as their permanent manager.  He may not last beyond Christmas but come on I won't get a better chance."

He also says money is not a motivator which translates as "Derby are not offering enough." 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...