HOODLUM65

Managerial Merry-Go-Round

14 hours ago, john.w said:

Is that a fancy way of saying !! Jacked or got the bullet!! :laugh:

Definitely punted, just the media's way of being polite. Kenny Miller looks like being named as replacement.

3 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Brighton sack Hughton.

Always came across very well in the media, decent guy, delusional chairmen !!!!

Good move by SFA.

They're certainly getting one of the best managers in the SPFL.

They're removing one of their most outspoken critics from the scene.

They're also removing from Kilmarnock probably the one manager who might eventually have challenged the Glasgow duopoly. (imho)

Disappointed to be honest.

18 hours ago, Cagey said:

Well very few if any of the bigots support Scotland & as long as he is not a disaster I am sure he should be free of abuse.

I believe they actually make up a fairly large number of those in the Scotland Supporters Club.  Can't imagine they would abuse their own manager though.

laughed at Ally McCoist going on about the Killie job last Sunday. Cant see them going for him but you never know. 

Suspect on manager on a few teams radar at present is Jim Goodwin who has done well at Alloa. Would be surprised if Dundee were not considering him. If stories that I heard a month ago are right Alloa already have a successor in the wings. 

22 hours ago, mainstand said:

laughed at Ally McCoist going on about the Killie job last Sunday. Cant see them going for him but you never know. 

Suspect on manager on a few teams radar at present is Jim Goodwin who has done well at Alloa. Would be surprised if Dundee were not considering him. If stories that I heard a month ago are right Alloa already have a successor in the wings. 

You're right about Goodwin/Dundee, according to BBC he's already been interviewed. Strachan being touted as an advisor.

On 5/20/2019 at 3:38 PM, Indicator said:

Good move by SFA.

They're certainly getting one of the best managers in the SPFL.

They're removing one of their most outspoken critics from the scene.

They're also removing from Kilmarnock probably the one manager who might eventually have challenged the Glasgow duopoly. (imho)

Disappointed to be honest.

Surely it's great news for Saints though? I'd much rather see Killie slide back down below us in the table than emerge as some sort of new force. I'd also like to think that Clarke, as a manager with no Old Firm baggage, might be more willing to give chances to players from clubs like our own.

3 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Surely it's great news for Saints though? I'd much rather see Killie slide back down below us in the table than emerge as some sort of new force. I'd also like to think that Clarke, as a manager with no Old Firm baggage, might be more willing to give chances to players from clubs like our own.

If he is allowed to be his own man