Dundee Derby

Jad

Wonder what Gort made of today's game? Hartley May well have been thinking I should have gone to Cardiff.

The most amazing bit was that the Dees ran out of songs and chants very quickly and then had to resort to singing Stevie May, Stevie May, Stevie May at the Arabs !!! Priceless you couldn't make it up !

Le Fun cannot be that bad again its true Gort....but we are top of the League for a reason...we have gathered more points than the rest, and we are still in 3rd gear!  Wonder if Shifty will play tonight? Super Mario did himself no harm leading the line on Saturday, and Shifty needs to learn he is no good sitting in the stand or getting involved in personal battles.  Still we did not need him on Saturday, so coming from the bench likely tonight......but I suspect he will return to face Wright at the weekend. ;)

Hit Utd like a hurricane first 20 mins, they never got a kick. Then a penalty, score it could be a massacre but we miss, Utd break, we get a guy sent off and formation changes. Down to ten for 65 minutes but game was back and forth. United hit woodwork twice, we miss another great few chances. Then McPake barely walking so it is 11v 9 for the last ten minutes. I didn't think we would win in extra time because of effort already put in by 9 or 10 men but United stole it at the death. If it stayed 11 v 11 no contest but as they say "we blew it".

Unfortunately lighters and coins thrown onto pitch with some of those seats at then and a some muppet ran at Uniteds players when they score and dived into them but stewards dragged him away before it got serious. Bed and breakfast in Bell St. no doubt. Roll on new year derby, hope we can actually keep 11 men on this time, last three derbies we have had guys sent off.

Gort... we were the same against Utd in previous seasons and for a while, played the better football, had players sent off and could'nt buy a goal, but after our first Tannadice match last season looked what happened! won the next three  matches without conceding a goal and that Scottish Cup Final!

Cannae see us not conceding tomorrow, but just gives you hope for the rest of this season and if we emulate these last season results against Dundee later in the campaign I'll be very happy! :laugh:

Hit Utd like a hurricane first 20 mins, they never got a kick. Then a penalty, score it could be a massacre but we miss, Utd break, we get a guy sent off and formation changes. Down to ten for 65 minutes but game was back and forth. United hit woodwork twice, we miss another great few chances. Then McPake barely walking so it is 11v 9 for the last ten minutes. I didn't think we would win in extra time because of effort already put in by 9 or 10 men but United stole it at the death. If it stayed 11 v 11 no contest but as they say "we blew it".

Unfortunately lighters and coins thrown onto pitch with some of those seats at then and a some muppet ran at Uniteds players when they score and dived into them but stewards dragged him away before it got serious. Bed and breakfast in Bell St. no doubt. Roll on new year derby, hope we can actually keep 11 men on this time, last three derbies we have had guys sent off.

• 3 months later...

J Mac happy to be interviewed today.

They had a nerve moaning about our pitch.

Lucky deflections & GMS meant cross for his first.

Too many lemons in your new year gin Cagey?  We could have hit double figures today, only our new year festive spirit meant we could be merciful. 

Take note Tommy Wright and learn from Mr Hartley.......that is how to sit nice and take a beating from a superior football team....not all that defensive drilling and spoiling of the football spectacle for the paying public! :wink:

Edited by Smarmy Arab

Three deflections, Dees had 53 % of the game, typical lucky United performance. EVERYTHING went for them. Was actually in the United end, bit my lip when we scored. Another defeat, the title is out of our grasp now.

You are even stretching the stats now like you used to do with your crowd figures, you had 46% possession mainly in your own half.

Three deflections, Dees had 53 % of the game, typical lucky United performance. EVERYTHING went for them. Was actually in the United end, bit my lip when we scored. Another defeat, the title is out of our grasp now.

I wish it was 'typical' of our luck!  A wee bit of luck and better finishing we would be even higher up the table.........still great season so far what a league table!