Saints Club.

What is it about the entrance to the club with the letters spelling out ST Johnstone is falling off.

Also as a Saints club why do we have 3 gers scarves above the bar, I could have caused a rammy Saturday night sat next to 5 Saints supporters as i thought 3 guys in Letham tops who turned out to be gers, I asked one of them the question as to why his only response was  im a rangers fan, anyone else well anything could have happened

I ken what ye mean.i was in after the dufc game.i know two of the letham dudes .best keep away from the bar.

The rotund barman is a sevco fan and there bus leaves from the club to sevco games.

I hate it as as well but unless we can get more folk using the club then we are stuck with this nonsense.other option would be leave and find somewhere else.

What is it about the entrance to the club with the letters spelling out ST Johnstone is falling off.

Also as a Saints club why do we have 3 gers scarves above the bar, I could have caused a rammy Saturday night sat next to 5 Saints supporters as i thought 3 guys in Letham tops who turned out to be gers, I asked one of them the question as to why his only response was  im a rangers fan, anyone else well anything could have happened

Club has been falling into decline for years - Money has not been spent on the essential things like the outside and parts of the inside -membership has apparently fallen as a result of previous and possible current committees reluctance to spend .

It has been a St.Johnstone supporters club for many years BUT supporters have drifted away to other pubs and clubs -hence one of the reasons other supporters have moved in.

A concerted effort by "Ginger Baker" and the "Ghost of Jim Morton" seemed to attract a few back but it has gone backwards due to the Chairman of the actual clubs reluctance to do anything that would upset the "original" members ie Old buggers !

I personally do not see the "moving away to another venue" being the answer as we all know you can bump into supporters of other clubs anywhere in town.

Cannot see many Saints fans returning -although there was a great number after the cup final BUT you live in hope.

Club has been falling into decline for years - Money has not been spent on the essential things like the outside and parts of the inside -membership has apparently fallen as a result of previous and possible current committees reluctance to spend .

It has been a St.Johnstone supporters club for many years BUT supporters have drifted away to other pubs and clubs -hence one of the reasons other supporters have moved in.

A concerted effort by "Ginger Baker" and the "Ghost of Jim Morton" seemed to attract a few back but it has gone backwards due to the Chairman of the actual clubs reluctance to do anything that would upset the "original" members ie Old buggers !

I personally do not see the "moving away to another venue" being the answer as we all know you can bump into supporters of other clubs anywhere in town.

Cannot see many Saints fans returning -although there was a great number after the cup final BUT you live in hope.

The original old buggers ( me ) and many others were Saintees when the club first opened thanks to the work Sam Henderson did and I hope all Saintees vote for Sam to be inducted into the Hall of Fame next time round for without him there would be no Saints.

Just sad to see the club decline, possibly due to location, I know people have tried to revive it in last couple of years. 

I used the club for quite some time and have been a member for a relatively recent 3 years. 

Went in just over a week ago on a Friday, hadn't been in for a while, and was ****ing disgusted at the amount of Rangers scarves and banners over the place - plus laminated union jack prints being used as coasters in the window bays and other various "underhand" things (the amount of "Pussers Rum" adverts, prob due to the amount of England flags in them? maybe just be me being cynical).

I can't see me using the place as much as before but, I'll tell this, if I do start to use the club as much as I did I WILL request that the amount of Rangers paraphernalia is removed. 

I don't give a **** if the steward is a bluenose. His wages are being paid for by the members.

It's a braw wee club with decent facilities. I'd hate to have it spoiled by knuckledraggers and geds.

Bizarrely after the game there was Poland folk and a few Russians in the lounge drinking polish bottles of beer.never thought the poles got on with russians .

The Russians like peeve though. Probably didn't care what they were drinking.

In fact, they'd probably drink pish through a shitey cloot if it got them drunk!

I used the club for quite some time and have been a member for a relatively recent 3 years. 

Went in just over a week ago on a Friday, hadn't been in for a while, and was ****ing disgusted at the amount of Rangers scarves and banners over the place - plus laminated union jack prints being used as coasters in the window bays and other various "underhand" things (the amount of "Pussers Rum" adverts, prob due to the amount of England flags in them? maybe just be me being cynical).

I can't see me using the place as much as before but, I'll tell this, if I do start to use the club as much as I did I WILL request that the amount of Rangers paraphernalia is removed. 

I don't give a **** if the steward is a bluenose. His wages are being paid for by the members.

It's a braw wee club with decent facilities. I'd hate to have it spoiled by knuckledraggers and geds.

We need to get as many saintees in as often as we can, agree with what you say.

Having been part of the "project" to go back to the Club with Ginger and others and a couple of spells as chair of the group  i would have hoped things would have improved by now, sadly not much has changed.

We have had several obstacles to overcome to make the place have a more"  Saints related environment" sadly due to the stubbornness  of the Club Chairman this has been very difficult , and it is only just recently he has approved us to hang Saints related memorabilia  in  the Lounge(Never mind though we had a nice new carpet)

Bands on a Saturday night are chosen by the Club Chairman, the ones he likes but they attract no one else, and i believe a Social Covenor  hired to improve this walked due  to restrictions on his choice of entertinment

Saturdays after the games can be a drab night out as you have many people drinking elsewhere(I don't  have a problem with that) but the thoughts  among most of us that folk would go to the Club  immediately   after games and drift  away to other pubs an hour or so later.

I have also helped run  the bus to home games and its much the same with  people drinking in other pubs and turning up at 2.30 for the bus, some games it has been lucky if 20 folk were in the Club at 2pm(not something i envisaged to be honest.

The Club was rammed after the Cup final and indeed the Friday of the Cup, Where have all those people gone?

Added to all this is the "Orange element" We will never move them when our numbers are so poor and it saddens me to walk in the club and read "Rule Britannia"  written on  notices and Rangers stuff very visible in the bar, it can also be very uncomfortable  sitting in the club outnumbered by the  Perth legions of the unwashed!But we need numbers to make it less obvious  that they are even there, we might not ever get rid of them but they would be iin significant  if we had numbers in my opinion.

On the brighter side our events towards Saints Youth Development continue to be a great success  and we have had many great Comedy and race nights raising thousands for SYD, plus well attended meet the Manager nights, so it is by no means all doom and gloom, its just not progressed as fast as i thought it might

PS We are holding a Comedy Night on 24th October for SYD Tickets are £10 which includes soup and stovies.The night will be hosted bt "Scottish Comedian of the year" Bruce Fumey.

So help us help the Club and raise money for SYD by getting yourself a ticket for a great night

PM Myself Gingerbaker or Danlovessaints for tickets

Edited by THE LARK SAINT

Having been part of the "project" to go back to the Club with Ginger and others and a couple of spells as chair of the group  i would have hoped things would have improved by now, sadly not much has changed.

We have had several obstacles to overcome to make the place have a more"  Saints related environment" sadly due to the stubbornness  of the Club Chairman this has been very difficult , and it is only just recently he has approved us to hang Saints related memorabilia  in  the Lounge(Never mind though we had a nice new carpet)

Bands on a Saturday night are chosen by the Club Chairman, the ones he likes but they attract no one else, and i believe a Social Covenor  hired to improve this walked due  to restrictions on his choice of entertinment

Saturdays after the games can be a drab night out as you have many people drinking elsewhere(I don't  have a problem with that) but the thoughts  among most of us that folk would go to the Club  immediately   after games and drift  away to other pubs an hour or so later.

I have also helped run  the bus to home games and its much the same with  people drinking in other pubs and turning up at 2.30 for the bus, some games it has been lucky if 20 folk were in the Club at 2pm(not something i envisaged to be honest.

The Club was rammed after the Cup final and indeed the Friday of the Cup, Where have all those people gone?

Added to all this is the "Orange element" We will never move them when our numbers are so poor and it saddens me to walk in the club and read "Rule Britannia"  written on  notices and Rangers stuff very visible in the bar, it can also be very uncomfortable  sitting in the club outnumbered by the  Perth legions of the unwashed!But we need numbers to make it less obvious  that they are even there, we might not ever get rid of them but they would be iin significant  if we had numbers in my opinion.

On the brighter side our events towards Saints Youth Development continue to be a great success  and we have had many great Comedy and race nights raising thousands for SYD, plus well attended meet the Manager nights, so it is by no means all doom and gloom, its just not progressed as fast as i thought it might

PS We are holding a Comedy Night on 24th October for SYD Tickets are £10 which includes soup and stovies.The night will be hosted bt "Scottish Comedian of the year" Bruce Fumey.

So help us help the Club and raise money for SYD by getting yourself a ticket for a great night

PM Myself Gingerbaker or Danlovessaints for tickets

Its hard going Larky but keep at it with the true Saintees will come right in the end, time to mobalise and get rid of the Chairman when is the club AGM.

It has been a St.Johnstone supporters club for many years BUT supporters have drifted away to

other pubs and clubs -hence one of the reasons other supporters have moved in.

Sadly, they haven't spent much money on the infrastructure.

The chairman needs to wake up to the real world - have a think of how many clubs have gone down the swanee in the last 5-10 years. The saints club will follow suit very quickly if things don't change.

I think it might well have already folded if the recent extra business from WAP hadn't happened. 

The Chairman needs to be run by the committee and not the other way round, too many people do not understand how committees are supposed to be run and allow a dictator to take over and make decisions without correct backing.

I think it might well have already folded if the recent extra business from WAP hadn't happened. 

The Chairman needs to be run by the committee and not the other way round, too many people do not understand how committees are supposed to be run and allow a dictator to take over and make decisions without correct backing.

Maybe there should be a "meet the club Chairman" evening !

I took up one of the £10 membership offers after the cup final and had planned to use the club regularly before matches.

We arrived early before the Dundee game in the hope of watching the early Premiership game, only to be told the Sky box wasn't working..... If we hadn't of ordered our drinks before, we simply would of headed to a place showing the game.

Unlikely to use the club as much as we had planned as there is usually a better atmosphere up at the Muirton suite, with the early games and good available.

Feel sorry for the guys that have put a big effort into trying to get things running better. I hope your not fighting a losing battle.

Earlier this year there was a concerted effort to close the club down permanently,with a view to knocking the place down building flats and dividing the profits up to existing members.this obviously hasn't transpired but I wouldn't rule anything out.money talks.

Earlier this year there was a concerted effort to close the club down permanently,with a view to knocking the place down building flats and dividing the profits up to existing members.this obviously hasn't transpired but I wouldn't rule anything out.money talks.

Dunkeld road club went down a similar route- CLOSURE- for the sake of a few parked cars 

Larky, I know you aint looking for praise but you and many others deserve it. I would like to thank the members for the very warm welcome the Friday night before the Cup final at the club. I have followed the efforts on this forum of those trying to reserect it and disappoint for you that it hasnt got the support you required.             

I really bought into the WAP effort of joining the club. brought along mates and family the odd time. first name friendships with punters and staff.

was horribly disappointed that the h-u-n element has encroached in a lot more. there seems to be more rangers stuff in the bar than ****ing saints stuff!

I really bought into the WAP effort of joining the club. brought along mates and family the odd time. first name friendships with punters and staff.

was horribly disappointed that the h-u-n element has encroached in a lot more. there seems to be more rangers stuff in the bar than ****ing saints stuff!

Stay in the lounge its drab but at least it's not a shithole like the bar.

The dunked road club was owned by saints ,sold to Arnold Clark ,Barossa club owned by members so if enough members got together they could hold an egm and get rid of chairman.

You are correct , but as SLF has mentioned above the very same members were due to meet in an EGM to carve up the money between them in a special vote.Only stopped when it was discovered  there was enough cash to keep running for now.