Dundee V Saints 8/11/14

The ghost of Jim Morton

A point won, still only 6 off bottom and almost half the total of the leaders, just not impressed with the lack of ability to kill off a team or a game. Last year going 1 down you were always confident saints would fight and win. There's just not that confidence there this season unfortunately  

----

but look at the injuries we've got. Apart from Dave Mackay, pretty much all of our most influential and dominant figures are out. I think we're doing pretty well to hold on at the moment.

I really enjoy Grahams passion and fight. Spoony put a few great tackles in too.

We were winning the ball higher up the park instead of sitting off. What our previous success was built on. We looked Much more threatening than the slow build up as we tend to struggle to break teams down that way.

Game of 2 halves. First half we were dire, giving them acres of space out wide, sitting back too much, gifting them the ball. If it wasn't for Mannus with at least 2 outstanding saves they would have been out of sight. Second half we were transformed with the introduction of Spoony and Lappin. Croft and Mackay were linking up well down the right with Croft giving their left back a torrid time of it. On that second half display we should start climbing the table.

Hmm.. I'll wait for Sportscene's incisive camera angles, but I personally thought Clarkson dived at the time.

Apologies for the cliché, but that really was a game of two halves. We were absolutely shocking in the first-half. No quality, no desire. Dundee passed the ball around with great urgency, really using the full width of the pitch to their advantage. Meanwhile, we were sluggish and indulged in a few suicidal back-passes. Dundee could have been 3 or 4 up by half-time. I also stand by my opinion that Liam Caddis isn't good enough for this level.

Totally different story in the second-half. Spoony and the King of Spain really changed things for the good, and Tommy had clearly gone absolutely mental at the team during the break. Some really nice play and chances created, particularly down the right wing with Mackay, Spoony and Croft linking up well. It's frustrating that we couldn't play like this throughout the 90 minutes. A draw was probably a fair result overall.

Happy enough with that today. Dundee bossed the 1st half and the game should have been out of sight. One or two players individually were fecking brutally shite. Saints, as a team were pish poor. A couple of changes at half time made a huge difference and the effort and work rate that was missing in the first 45 meant Saints were the better side and looked the more likely to take all 3 points. Dees will be disappointed but hey ho.. As for the ref, Bobby Madden, he was pretty hopeless. I suspect that they should have had a penalty (or maybe two) and we could well have been down to 10 men ( will need to see them again but my first impression was that the one in the 1st was a stonewaller) And for our penalty, McPake should have walked as he prevented a clear goal scoring chance but Madden only booked him. Really enjoyed the 2nd half and was great to see the Saints players final show some balls and get right in aboot them.. Onwards and upwards..COYS

Definite game of 2 halves. Thought the worst when Clarkson went down under Mannus but thank feck for Madden. Relied on Mannus in the first half as the Saints midfield was non-existent and we were closed down far too often.

2nd half TWs changes made all the difference. Definite pen and well taken  - Scumdee defender should have walked though. The introduction of Spoony and Lappin meant that Graham had loads of service and Croft and O'Halloran had the pressure taken off them. Croft played a blinder and his shot deserved a goal while Spoony just got stuck in.

Really good game with our comeback and maybe, just maybe, there is some fight in this team yet.