Jim Storrie - Rip

Saintdunc

My memory of him was when the Perthshire Select U-14 had a training session with him in the Summer of 1976 - had to report to Muirton..thought it was a dream come true getting to play there...got changed and then he took us down the North Inch! He was brand new though - very likeable character from what I remember.

RIP Jim

I too was sorry to hear the news of Jim Storrie's passing.

The trip to Dumfries is right up there with the other significant Saints results.

I particularly remember 3 supporters buses, which for a team at the bottom of the table was pretty amazing!

The 'pitch invasion' 3 or 4 supporters spilled over the barrier! Reported in the Sporting Post as an invasion.

The bus I was on stopping at Biggar for chips leaving 5 of us stranded including the bus convener. The pub owner driving up the motorway to try & catch up with the bus! Biggar had never witnessed such excitement..ha

Happy days indeed.

Thanks Mr S...

I remember the excitement and sense of hope when he was appointed, at the end of a dismal season.

In an evening game, I think it was against Hearts (0-0?), I remember standing behind the goal at the Ice Rink end and asking the polis as they walked by to ask Jim Storrie to give us a wave. This was long before anyone had thought of making a chant for such a thing. Fair play to the polis for actually passing the message on, and fair play to Jim for giving us the requested wave.

Sorry to hear of his death.