Whats The Atmosphere Like.....

Dr Christmas Jones

Reading this thread it is clear that it is the police that have banned them. Maybe the club were happy to ban them, but even if unwilling, they were never going to ignore "police advice". That kind of advice sounds like an instruction and if ignored by the club the police would still arrest them or prevent them from accessing the ground.

Personally never had a problem with the young guns and i sit just along from them. Cant see what merits being henus enough to be banned and have probably. behaved as bad or worse 30 years ago at Falkirk, Srirling and Dumfries,Fortunately back then you wouldn't Be banned for"a wee bit of a tear up"To many mamby pamby, goody two shoes happy to sit in a souless environment with the tartan blanket russling sweetie papers waiting on something to greet about.Football is all but ****ed as a working mans sport.

Edited by THE LARK SAINT

Personally never had a problem with the young guns and i sit just along from them. Cant see what merits being henus enough to be banned and have probably. behaved as bad or worse 30 years ago at Falkirk, Srirling and Dumfries,Fortunately back then you wouldn't Be banned for"a wee bit of a tear up"To many mamby pamby, goody two shoes happy to sit in a souless environment with the tartan blanket russling sweetie papers waiting on something to greet about.Football is all but ****ed as a working mans sport.

I agree with you Lark, but you can't compare then with now, as times have clearly changed, although I heard that hooliganism has had a bit of a revival in England lately.

I had no problem with the young lads either, unless they were out of order, which, at times, they were (in the context of today and not the 1970's) :)

No doubt we are missing some of the atmosphere of last season, particularly at away matches.

Imagine what the moaning brigade would of been like 20 years ago, ud think half use go wrapped in cotton wool ffs, hooliganism is on a big come back in England and if you think this young team are anything like what's happening there your miles off the mark.

Pyro, couple of seats been smashed, and singing oh there such thugs!

Pathetic.

Can anyone actually clarify what number of people have been banned and what exactly for?

I can't see any way that it would be down to "being too loud" or anything nonsense like that. There must be something in the background.

You're the journo Jamie.. Dae some digging and give us the TRUTH.. :wink:

that's where society as a whole is going now larky we can't do things incase we offend somebody. Falkirk used be great for a tear up braw fun

that's where society as a whole is going now larky we can't do things incase we offend somebody. Falkirk used be great for a tear up braw fun

Yeah...I also miss the days it was ok to have a punch up at the game, be casually racist, pinch a woman's arse and queer bash.

Sad times upon us imo.

Perhaps an element of this is the police saying that if the 'young team' are at the ground we need to increase the police presence, adding to the policing bill to the club, which the club might feel out weighs the benefit they bring in terms of the drum etc.

Also, if they have been taking drugs etc in the ground then whether its only on the odd occasion is irrelevant, there are young kids at the ground and they should have to see that type of thing.

Finally, did we not get a fine for the flag and failing to control the crowd at the euro games? I suspect if thats the case the club don't want to take the chance when we are back in Europe next season.