Whats The Atmosphere Like.....

Dr Christmas Jones

Bring back terracing, mobs of hooligans, pitch invasions, going into the away end for a punch up, smashing up the away fans buses, train mobs to away games, battering the old bill, anything but the sterile pish we are subjected to now.

Great days but Ye cannae bring them back.

yer nearly fifty chief best get the pipe and slippers from Gill for Xmas.we can do a wee bit reminiscing in the boozer rather than the cells (hopefully ha ha )

Bring back terracing, mobs of hooligans, pitch invasions, going into the away end for a punch up, smashing up the away fans buses, train mobs to away games, battering the old bill, anything but the sterile pish we are subjected to now.

Tut tut better watch what yer saying here , surprised you've not been subject to a barrage of abuse for being such a naughty boy.

Expect The Real Saint , Honest Saint or some other do-gooder type to expect a ban for such an "outrageous" post , worst they'll have seen on the forum !

If you have ever went to a football game with the intention of hooliganism, violence anti-police agendas or a pitch invasion then you are a retard who should be forcefully removed from the gene pool alongside any vile spawn you have sired in the process.

If you have ever went to a football game with the intention of hooliganism, violence anti-police agendas or a pitch invasion then you are a retard who should be forcefully removed from the gene pool alongside any vile spawn you have sired in the process.

"That's a bit over the top Craig,football culture will never change

It maybe was a bit over the top but regardless I can't fathom what makes these types so angry. If you want to arrange 'Fight Club' style gatherings to enact violence on each other then go and do it away form the umbrella of it being part of 'football culture', that way it's not tarring the young men who simply want to turn up and watch a game of football.

Thankfully football violence isn't anything like as prevalent now as the time before I started attending games but hearing old men reminiscing of times of treating a visit to the football as a cultural exchange of fists is quite depressing, you have to be a real primal simpleton to think that's anything but abhorrent behaviour.

It maybe was a bit over the top but regardless I can't fathom what makes these types so angry. If you want to arrange 'Fight Club' style gatherings to enact violence on each other then go and do it away form the umbrella of it being part of 'football culture', that way it's not tarring the young men who simply want to turn up and watch a game of football.

Thankfully football violence isn't anything like as prevalent now as the time before I started attending games but hearing old men reminiscing of times of treating a visit to the football as a cultural exchange of fists is quite depressing, you have to be a real primal simpleton to think that's anything but abhorrent behaviour.

And perhaps you may have a point, which you have articulated well. What you cannot do is deny the reality that what these guys speak of was, unfortunately, a part of life and culture back then. You cannot validate that behaviour, but nor can you invalidate the experience of having lived through those times, and minimise the lives of other posters.

Life is so easy now and some young folk are seriously lacking in the character that is developed through hard times. There may be many benefits to modern life, but there is certainly a dearth of character and strength.

Judgment often doesn't reflect well on the one doing the judging. I am not proud of aspects of the time and culture I was brought up in, but nor am I proud of the time and culture which we have helped create now.

Thank **** I was born in the 60,s , Ted Heath, winter of Discontent, Weak Labour Party, Margaret Thatcher, Miners Strike, Falklands war,Punk Rock, Skinhead Ska and Mod revival, Football watched from terracing by Partisan supporters, British sides dominating Europe on and off the field,casual terrace culture etc

Ps just getting back from Newcastle Chelsea where I've just witnessed a decent game with 50 odd thousand looking like they had just been waiting in a dentists surgery for a root canal, time to get rid of the plastic seats and bring back terracing.

Thank **** I was born in the 60,s , Ted Heath, winter of Discontent, Weak Labour Party, Margaret Thatcher, Miners Strike, Falklands war,Punk Rock, Skinhead Ska and Mod revival, Football watched from terracing by Partisan supporters, British sides dominating Europe on and off the field,casual terrace culture etc

Ps just getting back from Newcastle Chelsea where I've just witnessed a decent game with 50 odd thousand looking like they had just been waiting in a dentists surgery for a root canal, time to get rid of the plastic seats and bring back terracing.

I hope you were supporting Newcastle :-D

Times have changed PnS. We have reality tv shows, football teams living outwith their means , terrorism , Farage , 2 team leagues , Sky live games , over priced football throughout the UK in lifeless grounds , illegal wars ...............what more could you ask for? .

• 9 months later...