Queen Of The South - Away

livi saint

I'd definitely be up for a bus as well. Via Peebles sounds a good idea to me as well. More chance of filling the bus and only adds about 20 mins to the travel time. We could even have a wee refreshment break at a Peebles hostelry? As Andy says, the number of late drop outs for Forfar last year meant those of use who went ended up paying about £20-25 a head. Certainly don't want that happening again.

I'm far too busy with work just now to look into buses, but can possibly fit it in between Christmas and new year if no one else fancies taking it on. Although it may be best if previous organisers with contacts arrange it.

Edited by Nelly78

Just been for a wee refreshment in The Crown and I mentioned to the boss that a bus might be stopping off in Peebles on the way to Dumfries . He is certainly happy to welcome us and would probably lay on something ( he did us bacon rolls before the semis and final last season even though we only had 1 drink each before departure) The Crown is a nice friendly pub/hotel serves good food all day at least 1 real ale always on tap and always good banter even though it has a tendency to lean towards Celtic ( although in fairness there is no crap adorning the walls). It could certainly make for an enjoyable hour or so on the way to QOS.

Good shout Eddie, seems like a good shout for a pit stop.

I would organise a bus myself, as never bothered my arse before, so if any takers I am willing to do it, be it a 12, 15, 24 or 52 seater, depending on numbers.

Only downside to me doing it, is that it would have to be all done through WAP, as don't do social media, could run say a 15/20 seater thing, based on last years Forfar trip, I'm willing to drive, as off the bevvy, but if greater numbers could hire a big bus with a real bus driver!!

So far  - Me, Mark, Linky, Eddie (Peebles), Nelly...........

If we are on for this I am happy to organise something in Peebles if the bus is organised from Edinburgh, I think Peebles Saintees would be looking at at the very least 8 + 4 kids, but probably a few more with all the glory hunters. As a matter of interest to those Perth people of a certain vintage The Crown is owned by the family of the Peter Casssidy brother of Lawrie who used to own The Grill. There are of course other pubs in Peebles and people would be free to choose where to go. The Crown I think is the best place for anything "organised".