Queen Of The South - Away

livi saint

Here goes - Bus booked (50 seater), to leave 9:45 from Melville Street (Edinburgh West End) then on to Peebles, will stop at the Crown (Peebles) for an hour, bacon rolls will be available. Leave there just before twelve and then to Dumfries, arrive there just after one, allows an hour and a half before the game to do what you want to do (might look into getting booked into somewhere during January, if any suggestions feel free).

Home straight after the game, via Peebles.

Total cost of the bus is £425, I have paid £50 deposit today, so looking for £5 deposit from everyone as soon as possible (if something does happen and we have to cancel, I will divide the £50 by everyone that has paid and return the difference of the fiver, but everything appears to be in hand so nothing will go wrong!!!)

I will be in the Muirton Suite on Saturday from the back of two for cash collections, or if anyone wants to send to a bank account PM me for details.

Full list at present time is -

Peebles - Eddie, Linky and 5 others and 4 Kids = 7

Edinburgh - Andy, Mark, Nelly, Chris, Big Gav, Dougie, Nold, Livi Saint x 2, Capital Saint, Geoff was Right x 2, G Myles, Susan Barnett x 2, Gregor Zielinski = 16

Bus Total = 27

Also thanks to Dougie running the Facebook side of things and Eddie at the Peebles end

Cheers, Andy

Edited by crieffsaintandy

Now at 29, as Ishy and Big Gordon now going, and potentially Ormond Boy and Big Stu (one way).

Will not be online for next 6 days, but will reply when I return home if any deposits are being sent over the next few days, cheers

Sorry Andy, none of us can make it - my twin grandsons first birthday party that day so jelly on the menu 

Pass on my regards to all.  Will see you at the semi final - COYS

OB

Numbers so far and deposits paid -

Edinburgh (20) - Paid - Andy, Mark, Linky, Dougie, Nold, Capital Saint, Craig x 2, G Myles, Susan Barnett x 2, Gav, Ishy,  

Still to Pay - Nelly, Chris (per above see you at partick), Livi x 2, Gregor Zielinski, Big Gordon (only had a pocketful of shrapnel at Utd game), Michael Butchart

Peebles - (6 adults and 4 Kids) £25 received from Eddie who will sort payments that end of who has paid deposits etc - Eddie, Thomas, Andy, Davey, Iain, Davey and 4 Kids

Therefore at present 26 adults working out at £16.35 minus those that have paid fiver. Even if get two more adults works out at £15 per head

Cheers Andy 

Also meant to say will be staying in Peebles till about twenty/half past twelve, as guy at Crown laying on free bacon rolls, so will give him an extra half hour custom, still should be in Dumfries about half one

Edited by crieffsaintandy

Now at 31 adults and 6 kids, Edinburgh 25 adults and 2 Kids and Peebles 6 adults and 4 kids, so 37 overall, so still plenty of space for any others.

All deposits paid, therefore at present assuming no call offs working out at £14 quid a head, therefore £9 each to pay on the day, great effort from all, cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't going to post details till later in the week, but will do so now, leaving Melville St, at the West End, just off Queensferry Street, same spot as all other games except the cup final. Leaving at 9:45am, then to the Crown at Peebles, arrive around about 11am stay till half twelve (bacon rolls are being provided by the host) then Dumfries quarter to two (bought my tickets already to save queuing for them so I get an hour in the pub, and there are plenty near the ground, so didn't organise an official place. Leave straight after the game back to Edinburgh via Peebles.

Numbers still good 33 adults and 7 kids, so ten spaces left for anyone else making a last minute decision, if everyone shows will be £13 per head £8 for all deposits paid (exact fares would be helpful too!!)

Will  confirm with Ross at the bus company middle of week that all good, but don't see any problems.

And hope we don't go one nil up and try to defend our lead, as we are not very good at it, even against ten men today.

See all on Saturday, coys

What are folk doing about tickets?  Having read the thread on the main forum with the comment from the QoS fan on P&B that they may NOT open the terracing if we don't sell a lot of tickets this week at McD, I was returning to the thought of phoning up and ordering tickets.

If folk want me to do so, I can phone up on Tues / Wed and order tickets for those that want.  Just DM me and we can square up on the bus.

I think folk are holding off in the hope that they can get into the terracing on the day.  However, if the QoS guy on P&B is correct, they will not open the terracing if there are a lot of unsold tickets for the stand on the day.  Could be problems.

I got the impression that the ticket things I got through are for entrance only and will be exact same as issued in the booth at Dumfries, therefore say for arguments I appeared at three o'clock and the stand was full I would then go to the terracing if open, really just proof of entry and then sit/stand where you want, thats my take on it, could be wrong, but hey ho just looking forward to the game regardless where I am located.

I got the impression that the ticket things I got through are for entrance only and will be exact same as issued in the booth at Dumfries, therefore say for arguments I appeared at three o'clock and the stand was full I would then go to the terracing if open, really just proof of entry and then sit/stand where you want, thats my take on it, could be wrong, but hey ho just looking forward to the game regardless where I am located.

I'm pretty sure you're correct, but hope there are not more Saints supporters there than the stand holds, if they do decide not to open the terracing.  You would think that the police would tell them to open up the terracing in that scenario, even if there's no catering.