Saints V Ict 20/12/14

The ghost of Jim Morton

Highlights made it look a dive but if that is the only angle I don't think he can be retrospectively banned, wasn't a clear enough shot. 

As someone earlier said the challenge on O'Halloran was a penalty all day long and then some, no idea how it wasn't given.

Surprised at the weight that Doran is carrying after being so skinny when younger. He almost looks like me

Never a dive.made the most of it but Brill puts out a leg! Stupid highland chump LAUGH OUT LOUD!PENALTY. End off! And should have had another ist half when MOH is done by 2 footed lunge fae dirty highlander!

You still on the wind up or has your brain finally melted Larky.

If that was a run out at cricket the Third Umpire would want to see a camera shot from the East Stand.  The comparison is not exact but if the onfield Umpire had given the run out then the lack of an East Stand angle would have meant "Umpire's Call".  I've tried to freeze frame at the critical moment and the best I can do shows the keeper right under Graham just at the point he has touched the ball past.  Graham is going at a fair lick and would have to take off slightly to get past in which circumstances it would not take much contact to bring him down.  The whole incident is over in two seconds.

At the point that Graham goes down the Saints' players in the picture immediately appeal for a penalty within the blink of an eye the Inverness players are claiming "no contact".  Graham says there was contact, the keeper says there wasn't - who is the more credible witness?

We certainly got the rub of the green because if the keeper had simply closed the angle the best that Graham could have done is stop the ball on the line and I doubt if anything would have come from that.  However, unless a better camera angle can be produced I don't see how the Compliance Officer can do anything. 

As clear a dive as you're likely to see, can't believe folk genuinely think it wasn't

after watching that i cant believe so many folk are so adamant. the angle is inconclusive. i was in the ormond and it looked like there was a touch on BG.

i detest diving but if there is even the slightest touch on a player in the box he has every right to go down. 

if there is any doubt then im happy to take it to make up for the one on O'Hallaron which should have been red and in the 2nd we had a corner where Muzz and Ando were both pulled back in the box

Just before contact

Screenshot2014-12-21at212631.png

Contact made!

Screenshot2014-12-21at212524.png

In my opinion the keeper catches the studs of Graham's front foot.

So contact made while he was going full tilt on his front foot which caused him to go down.

I can see why the ref gave it!

I also think the swan dive was over milked.

Edited by jazzsaint

Thats nowhere near enough contact to go down, it was a dive, trying to claim getting one stud brushed is enough to bring you down is beyond clutching at straws. FWIW the O'Halloran one wasn't a penalty either, the defender clearly gets a clear touch on the ball, it was a tremendous tackle.

The red card for Caley was justified, and Doran should've been off too for a second yellow after his dive, the ref shat it there though. The assault on O'Halloran in the final seconds was utterly ****ing brutal though and I hope it gets looked at, both players are lucky as **** there wasn't any greater contact or it would've been serious.

Thats nowhere near enough contact to go down, it was a dive, trying to claim getting one stud brushed is enough to bring you down is beyond clutching at straws. FWIW the O'Halloran one wasn't a penalty either, the defender clearly gets a clear touch on the ball, it was a tremendous tackle.

The red card for Caley was justified, and Doran should've been off too for a second yellow after his dive, the ref shat it there though. The assault on O'Halloran in the final seconds was utterly ****ing brutal though and I hope it gets looked at, both players are lucky as **** there wasn't any greater contact or it would've been serious.

Are you trying to get someone to complain to CO , posting all this shite on here & P& B ?.

I agree that a stud being touched is not enough for a man to go down.

However that is the way football is going, it is turning into a non contact sport a bit like basketball.

was contact made? probably ever so slightly. Was it a penalty? YES! the ref gave it.

It doesn't really matter if you don't think it was. The man that matters did.

I find it incredible that Saints fans are trying to do the Compliance Officers job for him. Absolutely incredible.

There is no way anyone can say hand on heart that there was or was not a touch.

The SFA said in the case of the Celtic player getting banned for racism that it was down to the balance of probability. In this case the goalie dives out feet first player is going towards him goalie misses the ball and contact is possibly made with the striker.

In my view the CO does not have enough proof to make a case. But my gos some guys on here are trying their hardest to put one forward for him.

when folk say this i always feel that theyve never actually played football. even from just playing 5s with my mates i realise that at full speed the slightest touch can send you flying. 

as for the the tackle on O'hallaron the caley boy jumped 2footed in the air at speed if he made any7 contact with the ball it would have went out for a corner

I find it incredible that Saints fans are trying to do the Compliance Officers job for him. Absolutely incredible.

There is no way anyone can say hand on heart that there was or was not a touch.

The SFA said in the case of the Celtic player getting banned for racism that it was down to the balance of probability. In this case the goalie dives out feet first player is going towards him goalie misses the ball and contact is possibly made with the striker.

In my view the CO does not have enough proof to make a case. But my gos some guys on here are trying their hardest to put one forward for him.

if its 50/50 the CO alweays goes against us so hoping it doesnt get that far

Blatant dive. Can't believe anybody could try and claim anything other than that. Sending off is difficult to call: it is a collision then he kind of pushes away with his arm. Certainly see why it was given and don't think an appeal will be upheld. Saints looked like they should have won the game more comfortably.

I don't personally see any contact, but the camera angle makes it difficult to confirm one way or the other. It looks like Graham anticipates the keeper's movement and jumps over his foot. That's just my opinion which I am entitled to express on a public forum designed for such matters. It was also a definite red card for Draper.

There was contact between McKay and Borrigter before his dive but we can all confidently say he dived.Why? Because of the completely false way in which he goes down. Graham blatantly dives. He may well anticipate contact but he throws himself to the ground. If that was any other team not one person would come on and defend the player.