Saints V Ict 20/12/14

The ghost of Jim Morton

There was contact between McKay and Borrigter before his dive but we can all confidently say he dived.Why? Because of the completely false way in which he goes down. Graham blatantly dives. He may well anticipate contact but he throws himself to the ground. If that was any other team not one person would come on and defend the player. 

with such a crap tv angle i dont know how it can be described as blatant. would you bet your family's life that there was no contact made?

with such a crap tv angle i dont know how it can be described as blatant. would you bet your family's life that there was no contact made?

I was sitting no more than 40 feet away from this . I was in the East stand, almost level with it, and as such on the side that the camera doesn't cover. I can assure you there was NO contact whatsoever. Anyone who says that was not a blantant dive is just in Saints induced denial.

I was sitting no more than 40 feet away from this . I was in the East stand, almost level with it, and as such on the side that the camera doesn't cover. I can assure you there was NO contact whatsoever. Anyone who says that was not a blantant dive is just in Saints induced denial.

i was 20 ft away in  the ormond and positive there was contact. going by tv evidence no 1 can say for 100% for sure either way

think he means the MOH (o hallaron) pen claim.  was a straight red for me an will not go to the compliance officer as sportscene didnt highlight it

seen it on the SPFL you tube highlights.  Never a penalty, good hard clean tackle and he gets the ball. Thank **** we have another game soon :wink:

seen it on the SPFL you tube highlights.  Never a penalty, good hard clean tackle and he gets the ball. Thank **** we have another game soon :wink:

as soon as you jump to feet off the ground you run the risk of serious damage to an opponent, we'll agree to disagree. tho Larky could be talking about the last kick of the match where the ref blew just to save it kicking off

when folk say this i always feel that theyve never actually played football. even from just playing 5s with my mates i realise that at full speed the slightest touch can send you flying. 

as for the the tackle on O'hallaron the caley boy jumped 2footed in the air at speed if he made any7 contact with the ball it would have went out for a corner

:lol:  I've played football at least once a week for the past eight years, from amatuer to random kick abouts, not that really matters a ****. The little contact there may have been wouldn't be enough to send you down the way Graham fell, its really ****ing obvious.

Don't think the tackle on MOH in the box was even two footed. Draper leads with one foot with the other slightly behind him. It was an excellent if brave tackle considering it was in the box and could so easily have gone wrong. You can tell by the lack of reaction from anyone, including MOH that there was nothing wrong with it.

Can we please stop thinking that when people give their opinion on incidents on here that it has any bearing whatsoever on any decision that the governing bodies make regarding possible CO investigations / recommendations, or any other governing body for that matter.

As for the incident, am I glad we got the penalty? Yes, of course, as it meant we got a valuable win. Am I happy at the simulation? No, not at all. Some say (including Yogi), that it is what a player would / should do. That may be the case, but it is one of the things I hate about the modern game. IMO, you should only go down if your body gives you no other option than to go down. Graham's dive (that's what it was, whether there was contact or not) was nothing short of embarrassing, regardless of whether he was 'entitled' to go down or not.

If a player in the oppostion had done it, every single poster on here would be raging.

The sending off was without question the right decision for me 

Would I bet my family's life there was no contact? No, for two reasons. Firstly I would never bet my family's life on anything. Secondly I'm not 10 years old.

However back to point. There was 100% clear contact between Borrigter and MacKay, certainly a hell of a lot more contact than yesterday. And yet each and everyone of you would say Borrigter dived. Why? Because of the completely false way in which he fell. Even if there was the minimum of scuffs yesterday, and it would be the minimum of touches if any, that would not cause a player to go down in that fashion. Graham, in the games I've seen him, doesn't make a habit of this. He may well of anticipated or felt the slightest scuff and decided to go down in that instant but the key fact is he decided to go down. If the merest of contact is enough to justify a penalty then we have to officially call football a no contact sport. Imagine how many penalties would be given each game at corners alone. It was a blatant dive from Graham and the reality is that had he played for any other team you would all be calling him a cheat. If GMS goes through in an identical situation next week and the same incident occurs, you'll all call him all the names under the sun. It is like the United fans currently trying to claim Scepovic was offside as he was apparently offside when the original ball was played forward. Decision go for you and against you, the circle of life.

The thing that I do find funniest about the whole situation is the stigma attached to the whole situation. I as a centre half have over the years made a decision to bring a player down, pull him back or impede him. I made a decision, sometimes subconscious and sometimes with full intention, to break the laws of a game to gain my team an advantage. Every single player on every single team has done the same at some point. Fojut, Morris, van Dijk, Ambrose, Wright, Anderson and every other defender has at some point gone down very easily at the back when under pressure. Why is it such a "blight" on the game when a forward does the same? Especially in the case of smaller forwards or wingers who spend the whole game getting their legs booted from lauping defenders like myself?

Edited by ODAB

Another three points in the bag, pity big Brian misses out on Saturday could have been three pens in a row, personally couldn't care less how we got three points, controversial decisions happen in football every week with referees having to make a judgement there and then, goes for you, goes against you.

As that that shower at the Beeb, that was just tailor made for them to get Saints into shit, funny how they missed the Raven tackle at the end, the Highland lovefest continues, Caley with their great season and fantastic football (must have been an off day on Saturday then), and they are only six points ahead of us, and we haven't even got into third gear. The highlights must have been about 2 minutes for our game, I suppose they had to spend time on "we don't do walking away"

think he means the MOH (o hallaron) pen claim.  was a straight red for me an will not go to the compliance officer as sportscene didnt highlight it

Yep meant MOH sorry, right in front of me and it was  a 2 footed lunge deffo pen and red, but as i said Sportsscene bottled it.Graeme,s is also a pen as Brill leaves a leg trailing,BG goes down like he was shot but still a pen.

Well done the shower of numpties on Sportscene for trying to talk down the ICT sending off and tlk the Compliance Officer into a complaint against Graham.

Sorry but how can they talk down Drapers forearm into Lapins face, he even went to the right to get Lapin.

need to disagree mainstand and not often I do on football matters but never a sending off as TV pictures showed, a booking yes but red card, harsh.

Yep meant MOH sorry, right in front of me and it was  a 2 footed lunge deffo pen and red, but as i said Sportsscene bottled it.Graeme,s is also a pen as Brill leaves a leg trailing,BG goes down like he was shot but still a pen.

Was Borrigter's a pen as well then?