Infrastructure

St Mikey

No you are making out football fans are not the morons they used to be. I give you the young team,given the hospitality of ICT club & steal their flag amongst other things.

The feckin young team are feck all like the so called morons you go on about . 2 or 3 old school casuals would scatter that lot ! Like everything else in modern football they are a sanatized watered down version .

As Aitchy says , selling alcohol could be beneficial to all clubs and the league through sales and sponsorship .

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
On 07/01/2015 at 5:41 PM, PerthSeany said:

No point saints bothering anyway they would just run out of beer by kick off anyway.

They run out of everything else.

Comments from Dumbarton fans saying that at the cup gm yesterday the pies had sold out before half time. 

Bit embarrassing 

3 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Comments from Dumbarton fans saying that at the cup gm yesterday the pies had sold out before half time. 

Bit embarrassing 

I assume Saints did the catering so lost another opportunity to make a few Bob.

On the other hand ,for a game like that you are not going to know how many you will sell so any profit could be lost in wastage.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

On the other hand ,for a game like that you are not going to know how many you will sell so any profit could be lost in wastage.

Shouldn’t be that difficult to judge as the game was all ticket. Suspect the club must have some sort of general rule of thumb such as 10 pies per 100 fans or something like that.

On the catering, which I think is generally pretty good, I assume the club must be planning to upgrade them some point soon? The soft drinks are just cans poured into cups and while essentially the same product, is a bit amateurish and must be costing the club. The syrup and kit is cheep as chips compared the buying in cans, even at wholesale/bulk costs.

11 hours ago, TheYellowBox said:

On the catering, which I think is generally pretty good, I assume the club must be planning to upgrade them some point soon? The soft drinks are just cans poured into cups and while essentially the same product, is a bit amateurish and must be costing the club. The syrup and kit is cheep as chips compared the buying in cans, even at wholesale/bulk costs.

Its only recently we went to cans.  Not sure why? I think it may of been cans last longer in storage, I would imagine you need to make a batch and keep it in the a keg and if a couple of games are called off or we are on the road for a 3 out of the 4 weeks then the batch goes off...I may be talking mince though.

on the pie front it seems to be the case every time there is a big crowd, Europe etc, the pies are out before half time.

14 hours ago, Cagey said:

Game was all ticket so... 

A National Cup Final shouldn't be the time to skimp. There's now multiple fan blogs/twitter profiles with ~100k followers combined complaining about it. That's not a good look. 

34 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Game was all ticket so... 

A National Cup Final shouldn't be the time to skimp. There's now multiple fan blogs/twitter profiles with ~100k followers combined complaining about it. That's not a good look. 

Don't worry we are ......... Bulletproof

4 hours ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

Its only recently we went to cans.  Not sure why? I think it may of been cans last longer in storage, I would imagine you need to make a batch and keep it in the a keg and if a couple of games are called off or we are on the road for a 3 out of the 4 weeks then the batch goes off...I may be talking mince though.

It is far simpler than that. The syrup and gas are separate and aren't mixed til serving.

It is a far cheaper system than cans and is often the biggest profit margin in pubs.