Collum Excels Himself.

Kilgour

Impressed with his interview on the news the other day too. Saying how hard he takes mistakes, and how much he watches games back. Can't deny he's gone from the worst referee to one of the best we have.

He got two rounds of 'the referee's a wanker' last weekend. One was for swanson's penalty claim, which was soft at best, and the other was for Scobbie's tackle which was world class, and Collum was MILES away. Both decisions were spot on IMO.

Credit where credits due,  Collum reffed this well.No great dilemnas but its nice when the talk is about the players not the ref

Excellent refereeing. Didn't notice him until you had to which is the sign of a good ref.

Impressed with his interview on the news the other day too. Saying how hard he takes mistakes, and how much he watches games back. Can't deny he's gone from the worst referee to one of the best we have.

He got two rounds of 'the referee's a wanker' last weekend. One was for swanson's penalty claim, which was soft at best, and the other was for Scobbie's tackle which was world class, and Collum was MILES away. Both decisions were spot on IMO.

He is a good ref, no doubt.  His performance in our semi against the sheep was excellent as was yesterday.  He was very good last week too, but got to disagree on the Swanson one.  For me that was a penalty.

Edited by jhq

He is a good ref, no doubt. His performance in our semi against the sheep was excellent as was yesterday. He was very good last week too, but got to disagree on the Swanson one. For me that was a penalty.

Maybe, but I think it would have been soft. I'd have been raging if it had been given against us. I think the MacLean dive was probably to give Collum a chance to give 'one of the two' having thought about it, but he was correct to book him.

There's a lot of mind games between players and refs out there.

You could be right Monty.  I just don't get this "soft" penalty idea.  It's either a foul or it isn't for me.  There's nothing in the rules that says you have to break a guy in two for it to be a pen.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've not seen it but surely he needs the help of his linesman in that situation?

Problem is the linesmen are white as seen today & every game. There was one today at main stand where neither the ref or lirsman made a decision & the n the ref pointed to a throw for us at the same time as the linesman puts the flag up for them.

Edited by Cagey
for white read shite.

• 1 month later...

Must be doing something right as BOTH Yogi & Del boy were seething yesterday !

The sequel and he was even worse.He had 3 pen decisions (all wrong) IMHO missed lots of other things and just generally seemed to let the game go past him.

Also embarassing.....the scabby goal nets with the gaping hole and dodgy knots and CHRIS   SUTTONnuff said.