Scottish Cup Game At Dumfries

glenrothes saintee

If anyone is planning to head to Dumfries on the train on Saturday and was planning on just getting a standard day return DON'T. Hows this for utter mad pricing.. Day return Perth - Dumfries £ 50.90. Day return Perth - Glasgow £15.70. Day return Glasgow - Dumfries £18.70 Total = £34.40 ( a saving of £16.50.)

Scotrail take it upon themselves to charge you for walking between Queen Street and Central. Cause they don't charge enough already  :mad:

@ Paul N Shark (because the quote function never works!) That's the reason I'm not buying tickets. I was going to buy tickets in advance but if the weather isn't great then I probably won't go so I don't want to commit myself.

Weather forecast for Dumfries isn't too bad, plus they have an artificial pitch don't they?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2650798

Weather forecast for Dumfries isn't too bad, plus they have an artificial pitch don't they?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2650798

Not worried that the game will be off, more the drive to the game if the weather is bad. I drive in crap weather enough for work, I tend to avoid it at weekends if possible. Plus I'm only just thawing out after Saturday at Motherwell :laugh:

Just for info, from a QOS fan..

"I couldn't recommend buying a ticket in advance more if I tried. The ticket booth at the away section will be dealing with both sets of fans and is usually manned by two people. If there really is going to be 800 St Johnstone fans, in addition to ours then it could be chaos."

Don't see the point of making a trip to Perth to get tickets when they are on sale on the day. Majority will get them down there.

ETA - and the tickets are for seating, lots of people will be holding off hoping to get standing tickets on the day.

As many have said.

The tickets you purchase from the club are NOT for seating!

They get you into any section for away supporters.

As many have said.

The tickets you purchase from the club are NOT for seating!

They get you into any section for away supporters.

Argh, I noticed it said the tickets were for unreserved seating on the official site, is that on the assumption there is no standing? Will probably pop up Thursday or Friday if that's definitely right?