World Champs!

jazzsaint

Hate to admit it but I've never tasted a Murrays pie, an omission I shall correct on my next visit to Perth. Irvines of Beith won this in 2011, my favourite pie so far.

Congratulations Murrays.

You will be buying in bulk and putting in the freezer, you cannae beat them. dont know how Saints dont stock them

Noticed as I drove past Murrays at lunchtime that a vehicle was loaded up with trays of pies.

Wondered if they might have been heading to McDiarmid ?

Prior to that, I was informed there is a rumour going about that Saints were ditching their current supplier in favour of Murrays.

Co-incidence ??

Noticed as I drove past Murrays at lunchtime that a vehicle was loaded up with trays of pies.

Wondered if they might have been heading to McDiarmid ?

Prior to that, I was informed there is a rumour going about that Saints were ditching their current supplier in favour of Murrays.

Co-incidence ??

Follow that van!

• 2 weeks later...

Murrays supplied 350 pies to Hospitality last week, hopefully get the order when contract with other company finishes ??

Surprised they didnt  go with Murray's in the first place. Everyone else in Perth knew they were great pies so why did we go with a Dundee company in the first pace on something so simple but lovely as a Scoth Pie. When we got to the Scottish Cup Final last year did the Dundee company have a shop window presenting St Johnstone Pies..............You are right, No...........     

Surprised they didnt  go with Murray's in the first place. Everyone else in Perth knew they were great pies so why did we go with a Dundee company in the first pace on something so simple but lovely as a Scoth Pie. When we got to the Scottish Cup Final last year did the Dundee company have a shop window presenting St Johnstone Pies..............You are right, No...........     

Cost I would assume.

If all about cost, why not just buy some "extra value tescos's pies" and whop them up 100% on re-sale. Does what the customer wants have any chance in being discussed ?? 

If they did that no one would eat them & they would still probably be dearer than wholesale prices.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Sh*t! Was salivating all the way up in the bus at the thought of a Murrays pie before the game tonight and what? They're shut for their summer holidays! Looks like I'm destined never to taste one.

Aye, I got caught wi that. Spent a very unpleasant couple of hours at the dentist round the corner earlier in the week, and all that got me through it was the thought of a couple of Murray pies as a reward for my outstanding bravery. Was gutted to find them closed, and couldn't bring myself to buy anything from the awful Greggs.

Tower Bakery used to be based here in Abernethy, I'd rate their pies as second best, but a wee way back.