Danny Swanson

rik2304

To overcome a heart defect and a bypass at 13 to become a professional footballer shows that Danny has  some grit about him. I reckon Tommy will motivate him enough to have clubs knocking at the door by the end of his contract.Maybe even some reputable clubs at that.!

It'll be Saints fans with golf clubs knocking at his door, baying for his blood if he doesn't play well every game.

Thought his interview was great.  He's honest and I respect that.  Some folk just tow the line with the 'it's all about the team, 3 points' etc.  Viewers aren't stupid, we know that players like to enjoy their football and better themselves.  I got that from Zippy's interviews too - he wants to win for the club AND for him.  

Danny was clear that he was miserable at Hearts and happy to be back at Saints.  Compare it with the scripted crap you usually get, and I think it says a lot about the guy.

Thought his interview was great.  He's honest and I respect that.  Some folk just tow the line with the 'it's all about the team, 3 points' etc.  Viewers aren't stupid, we know that players like to enjoy their football and better themselves.  I got that from Zippy's interviews too - he wants to win for the club AND for him.  

Danny was clear that he was miserable at Hearts and happy to be back at Saints.  Compare it with the scripted crap you usually get, and I think it says a lot about the guy.

I did raise my eyebrows slightly at the comments which were obviously aimed at Neilson. I agree with Gas Monkey that the leave table probably suggests a different story but my interpretation of what Danny meant was that Neilson likes a physical "stifle the opposition" first style of tactic then build an attack from that. They've got enough quality in attack to make it work and it's a good combination to have. I think Hearts have obviously got a very good squad of players but in the majority it's full of physicality and they overpower teams, it's their style (a bit like Aberdeen, although Aberdeen have much better attacking players). Ultimately Danny was probably being asked to do the kind of physical work that just isn't his forte. He knows that we have other guys who will be the work horses and we will look to him for the creativity. Although I appreciated his comment where he said he doesn't shy away from doing his fair share of the work.

I thought it was a great interview and really inspired a level of positivity that has been a bit lacking of late. It was nice to hear a player talking about looking up rather than down, which is where the majority of fans seem to have focused their gaze of late. The parts about his wife doing his head in to come back, his friendship with Murray Davidson and the annoying Chris Millar were funny and heartwarming. He came across well and as you say it wasn't full of the usual bullshit patter you normally get from these interviews. He seems like a character and we need those in a small squad.

Edited by SaintSam1884

The league table suggests otherwise, strange comment from Danny

To be fair he could have just meant with regards to him fitting in the team, rather than it being a viable approach overall.

No wonder he wasn't featuring in a Hearts team set out to be grafters given his fitness/workrate/playing style, whereas he can potentially flourish in a team that's playing football (like we sometimes pretend to).

Doesn't mean he was having a dig at Neilson's performance at Hearts