Joma

dave mc

Sponsors logos completely destroy football tops. In an ideal Utopian world I'd happily have no sponsor but obviously the pennies come in handy to clubs, especially one's like ours.

I have a spray that removes vinyl from cloth not sure if it works on synthetics but I'll try it out on an old top and let you know.

Edited by Oldermoresensiblepack

Surely the sponsor is paying for the exposure from tv, newspapers and magazines mostly. They want to be associated with a successful sports team, not some fat middle aged guys singing and getting pissed in their tops!!

You're right with the kids ones. Celtic apparently also offer the adult one for the same price without the sponsor, could be on religious grounds for those that don't want alcohol branded on the shirt. I thought some EPL clubs offered them as well, but could be wrong.

I've always felt a sponsor doesn't pay me to advertise them, so why should I wear a shirt with their name on?!

I don't for a second begrudge Saints filling the strip up with sponsors, it's all income for the club after all. But I think supporters should get the option to show their support of the team in a shirt that also looks decent. Even if they cost a fiver more. Unfortunately strips filled up with logos don't look nearly as good...

http://www.dagbladet.no/sport/2006/11/09/482382.html

http://frenchfootballweekly.com/2013/05/17/you-want-to-play-for-metz-get-your-a-levels-first/

The sponsor pays for the advertising benefits they can gain from being on EVERY club shirt. If you were to walk around a town centre in your town how many people will subliminally see the name on your top, then multiply that by every other person doing the same.

We aren't a big enough club to be able to attract sponsors based on media coverage alone.

I, for one, miss the days of Surridge, when if you wanted the option of a sponsorless shirt, all you had to do was put it through the washing machine a couple of times.  :)

Actually, Saints were selling a pretty nice plain blue sponsorless shirt last season - wasn't the same design as the home kit but was a nice option. Hope they do something similar this season.

Personally I like the replica shirts sold to fans to be the same ones that are worn by the players. As long as it's not a sponsor that insists on having a big white blob behind it and ruining the shirt like a few we've had in the past, I've got no problem with it. When I was a kid I was always going about in a Saints shirt with The Famous Grouse on the front - I wouldn't have been happy with a sponsorless version as, when you're a kid, you want to the same shirt that the players are wearing. The fact that it was an alcohol brand made no difference to me - I probably didn't even know, or care, what The Famous Grouse even was.

I, for one, miss the days of Surridge, when if you wanted the option of a sponsorless shirt, all you had to do was put it through the washing machine a couple of times.  :)

Actually, Saints were selling a pretty nice plain blue sponsorless shirt last season - wasn't the same design as the home kit but was a nice option. Hope they do something similar this season.

Personally I like the replica shirts sold to fans to be the same ones that are worn by the players. As long as it's not a sponsor that insists on having a big white blob behind it and ruining the shirt like a few we've had in the past, I've got no problem with it. When I was a kid I was always going about in a Saints shirt with The Famous Grouse on the front - I wouldn't have been happy with a sponsorless version as, when you're a kid, you want to the same shirt that the players are wearing. The fact that it was an alcohol brand made no difference to me - I probably didn't even know, or care, what The Famous Grouse even was.

I agree when I was young I had a boner over the front of my saints top.....I didn't care