Dundee At It Again?

saintcraigieboy

After hearing Tommy mention at the weekend about Dundee posting big losses, during the Q & A at Glencarse Bowling Club. I read in a paper this morning that they lost £820,000.00 last year, with total debts accumulated in the last few years estimated at £3.1 million. And with as the paper states more than 20 signings for this season, and a far higher wage bill it can only be getting worse

Hear we go again.

SAME OLD DUNDEE ALWAYS CHEATING

Looking forward to Smarmy and ODAB thoughts

It's not like the spfl/sfa condone this way of running a club ( the The and the Yams have both pretty much got away with it).

maybe the coagies are just chancing their luck, ready with a bit of good old scottish "whataboutery" m'lud. :oops:

To be fair. It isn't up to the governing body to manage the finances of individual companies. They're powerless to act until it goes belly up.

Why is it the 'establishment' clubs (Rangers, Hearts and Dundee FC) who have crashed and burned in millions of debt since the turn of the century? Those who wave the union flag, shout about the Queen and make such a big deal of our armed forces, then stiff Her Majesty's exchequer whilst we are at war abroad? If these clowns believed the s***e the expect us to believe they would have been too embarrassed to regroup and come back for more. I don't no what is going on at Dens, but rest assured 'investment' from Texans will very quickly become debt to Texans, how many time do we need to see that play out?

In my lifetime DFC have been a magnet for chancres and Walter Mitty characters, it follows an all to familiar pattern. Angus Cook, Ron Dixon, The Marrs, Giovanni Di Stefano, Calum Melville......

Step 1. Turn up in a flash motor and hint at great wealth, they love to tug the forelock toward their masters and betters.

Step 2. Tell fun loving funsters they are a sleeping giant.

Step 3. Repeat step 2, only remind them they are a 'bigger' club than united, despite the mountain of evidence to the contrary.

Step 4. Unveil plans for the new Dens (with optional; dogs, conference centre, athletics track and of course,......monorail)

Step 5. Hoover up any cash generated from the myths peddled, including the sale of any player who has more than three good games that season.

Step 6. Fill the boot of said flash motor with the cash and head for America, Mallorca, or Italy..anywhere really, blaming everyone else for the mess...... Of shafted local businesses, tax authorities and most of all shafted fans and shareholders.

Step 7. Wait a few years till the fans have forgotten......then repeat entire process.

I must complement the fans of DFC on their extraordinary resilience, that institution really does little to deserve the support they continue to get......but hark! Here we go again......

“The definition of stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” — Albert Einstein

Why is it the 'establishment' clubs (Rangers, Hearts and Dundee FC) who have crashed and burned in millions of debt since the turn of the century? Those who wave the union flag, shout about the Queen and make such a big deal of our armed forces, then stiff Her Majesty's exchequer whilst we are at war abroad? If these clowns believed the s***e the expect us to believe they would have been too embarrassed to regroup and come back for more. I don't no what is going on at Dens, but rest assured 'investment' from Texans will very quickly become debt to Texans, how many time do we need to see that play out?

In my lifetime DFC have been a magnet for chancres and Walter Mitty characters, it follows an all to familiar pattern. Angus Cook, Ron Dixon, The Marrs, Giovanni Di Stefano, Calum Melville......

Step 1. Turn up in a flash motor and hint at great wealth, they love to tug the forelock toward their masters and betters.

Step 2. Tell fun loving funsters they are a sleeping giant.

Step 3. Repeat step 2, only remind them they are a 'bigger' club than united, despite the mountain of evidence to the contrary.

Step 4. Unveil plans for the new Dens (with optional; dogs, conference centre, athletics track and of course,......monorail)

Step 5. Hoover up any cash generated from the myths peddled, including the sale of any player who has more than three good games that season.

Step 6. Fill the boot of said flash motor with the cash and head for America, Mallorca, or Italy..anywhere really, blaming everyone else for the mess...... Of shafted local businesses, tax authorities and most of all shafted fans and shareholders.

Step 7. Wait a few years till the fans have forgotten......then repeat entire process.

I must complement the fans of DFC on their extraordinary resilience, that institution really does little to deserve the support they continue to get......but hark! Here we go again......

“The definition of stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” — Albert Einstein

Possibly the best post I've read on here.

Smarmy has hit it on the button.

If I was a supplier, I'd want paid in cash upfront.

I remember when the last time that lot went belly up, it was heartbreaking for the small suppliers, pie shops, St Andrews first aid people etc that took the hit. The smart alecs were long gone.

Dundee Corporation will bail them out, so the cost will fall on the council tax payers - hang on do they pay council tax in Dundee?

• 1 year later...

Numerous posts on Twitter and Facebook claiming Dundee are about to enter administration, rumour most likely due to the fact that they have been losing players due to transfers over the last couple of weeks. On that I'm sure they've collected some decent coinage from this. Out of interest though, IF they were to go into admin what would be the scenario in regards to the league already having started ?  Points deduction ?  Taking into account their history of administration,surely that wouldn't be an option 

Edited by chips