Dundee United Are Shite!

Jimmy Wallace

Very decent of you both john and cagey, and much appreciated.  

This will get worse before it gets better....i really pity czaba, the club is toxic and he appears powerless in the face of such steep decline.  If we lose on saturday i suspect he will resign, and luggy will stand in.  Ever the optimist, i predict luggy turns us round and returns to dens in a play off, and haunts the dee one last excruciating time.......

8 minutes ago, Smarmy Arab said:

Very decent of you both john and cagey, and much appreciated.  

This will get worse before it gets better....i really pity czaba, the club is toxic and he appears powerless in the face of such steep decline.  If we lose on saturday i suspect he will resign, and luggy will stand in.  Ever the optimist, i predict luggy turns us round and returns to dens in a play off, and haunts the dee one last excruciating time.......

I suspect, Luggy's health notwithstanding, that's not a bad shout. If I was a manager I'd be watching my back if someone of that standing was brought into the backroom staff mid-season.

I'll always have a soft spot for Luggy, even if he is an arab at heart.

And Smarmy is a good guy as well....

I would imagine standing in for a few games at the end of this season is something he will do even if he did try and deny it - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43592196

"I have got my over-60s railcard," quipped former United hero Sturrock, who managed the club from 1998-2000.

"I've put in now for my bus pass, which I'm hoping will come very quickly."

"I have two pairs now of velcro shoes; I promised myself I would never buy velcro shoes but at my age now I really need them," he said.

"Meaning... I am a retired manager. I have seen it, done it, got the T-shirt. This is my football club, this is who I support and that's the reason I have come back, to help as much as possible.

"I am excited about my recruitment job, I'm really looking forward to doing that. And I am excited about getting back on the training ground.

"Myself and my partner have some horses, we've got two chihuahuas; we have a cockatiel. I've got a nice garden, I'm the captain of the pool team in the pub, I have a metal detector - I'm definitely going to find some pirates' doubloons on the beaches of Cornwall.

"I have a fishing rod and I'm going to have a right go to see if I can catch some fish; I'm golfing - I am getting worse instead of better but I'm looking to improve my handicap. I have got all that.

"At the same time I am going to charge about the country trying to find the right players for this football club. That's my job."

3 hours ago, blueheaven said:

How permanent is Luggy's employment at United - just until the end of the season? Just wondered if he might be a candidate for the England-based Head of Recruitment Saints are supposedly after.

I believe that is the actual job he has at United before he accepted a tempory role on the coaching staff.

8th March - Scout -  http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43336946

22 March - ""accepted an invitation from manager Csaba Laszlo to become a temporary member of his coaching staff"."  http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43509352

1 hour ago, garydavidson said:

I believe that is the actual job he has at United before he accepted a tempory role on the coaching staff.

8th March - Scout -  http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43336946

22 March - ""accepted an invitation from manager Csaba Laszlo to become a temporary member of his coaching staff"."  http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43509352

Yeah, I guess that role isn't his any more though?

Hate to say this but when you look at football people with connections to Tommy, based in England, currently out of work and with possible interests in 'behind the scenes' rolls - is it possible Jackie McNamara might be a candidate for the Saints position too??

3 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Yeah, I guess that role isn't his any more though?

Hate to say this but when you look at football people with connections to Tommy, based in England, currently out of work and with possible interests in 'behind the scenes' rolls - is it possible Jackie McNamara might be a candidate for the Saints position too??

Yeah, he can spot a footballer. Took York to what ? 3rd 4th tier of English football.

6 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

I bet that man has never seen a peh, let alone eaten one.....

Apparently he feel head over heels in love with the Tangerines whilst a student at St Andrews in the 80's.  Remember, when the Dundee road was buzzing with Perthites heading to watch one of the best club sides on the planet.......bet you were there Molly?