Dundee United Are Shite!

Jimmy Wallace

That's the loss to 30th June 2019, just proves throwing money around in the championship does not guarantee success. 

Loss to 30 th June 2020 likely to be just as much and no guarantee of promotion. 

Their turnover has dropped substantialy, current United business model is ludicrous and not sustainable. 

22 minutes ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

That's the loss to 30th June 2019, just proves throwing money around in the championship does not guarantee success. 

Loss to 30 th June 2020 likely to be just as much and no guarantee of promotion. 

Their turnover has dropped substantialy, current United business model is ludicrous and not sustainable. 

Fitbaw chat with this bollocks 

Amazed Dundee Utd have somehow managed to stay out of administration up until now. That's four years in the Championship now - if they miss out on promotion again this season, do they make serious cuts and accept they're at their level, or do they spend even more and potentially put themselves in even more serious trouble? Hard to see how their model at this stage can possibly be sustainable.

TBH, as entertaining as it is to see a local rival struggle, I'd far rather see a Premier League with clubs like United and Dundee in it than sides like Hamilton and St Mirren.

3 hours ago, garydavidson said:

The Untied fan I work with said it was down to such a large playing squad which came with changing managers. I believe they got rid of quite a few players this summer so should probably be a reduced wage bill for the next financial period. 

Untied? Was he a Casual?

The new chairman purchased a dire situation 18 months ago, no need to go into detail, losing money,  entombed in the 2nd tier etc.  

My understanding is the chairman has considerable experience in business and had looked under the bonnet so to speak.  He has invested heavily in back room staff, and put in place a new manager, who had requested a complete squad overhaul within months of taking over. Thus far the chairman has delivered.  Removing old staff cost a small fortune, the aquisition of new staff at all levels cost a small fortune, he has also spent considerable monies on maintaining the stadium, money he will not recoup -  not so with regard to the new staff, who can theoretically at least yield a considerable return upon promotion.  I would also envisage a return on Shanks, (maybe a couple of others) if he can avoid serious injury!   

Not quite sure why so many in the media are soiling themselves over this relatively modest business plan, a look at United's books over recent years would see the potential at Tannadice (over £10 million in transfer fees alone) twice taking 28,000 fans to Hampden in the last decade.  Let's remember Rangers, Dundee, Hearts, Motherwell, Livingston, Gretna all went under with millions of debt, we did not, we sat down with creditors and cleared the debt, and are now trying to  restructure the club after some catastrophic mismanagement. I heard Stuart Cosgrove moaning about this the other day (he does little else these days) and notice some vitriol directed down the Tay on these pages, no change there :) but we all know what a resurgent Dundee United would mean for Saints (both) Hamilton Ross Co et al, you all see us in the rear view mirror....be afraid, be very afraid! ;) 

I am quietly confident we can win promotion this year, in each year of the last decade one team runs away with it following New Year, this year I hope it will be us.  This is already our strongest showing after the first round of fixtures and we have a stronger squad than any of our competitors, this should tell in the end.  (I have not thought so in previous years!)  

Look on the bright side, we will bring a big noisy crowd up twice a season, which will please your bean counters no end, and would you really rather play Hamilton or St Mirren?

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
30 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Nelson confirmed as New Hearts manager.

Wonder where Shankland will end up?

Hearts must think if he can get United out of championship he can get them up as well.

6 figure sum plus a few grand for Shankland should see their Yank owner happy for a while.