Dundee United Are Shite!

Jimmy Wallace

I'm pretty sure Tommy is more than happy in Perth, but things can change quickly...................All kidding aside, I suspect Ray McKinnon is on the radar...but he has a good chance of promotion via the play off, same as TW...why risk stepping out of a comfort zone for the sort of dumbf*ck expectation at Tannadice!

Guest ScottMann

I've never minded United and am probably one of the few to be disappointed they've gone down. Would much rather it had been Killie or Hamilton.

Dundee outdid themselves on the classless stakes last night. It's bad enough their fans having special scarves and specs made while celebrating like they'd just won the cup but for the club itself to play music tracks at the end with the theme of 'down' was a disgrace. Apart from anything, I thought there was an unwritten law that stopped clubs taking the mick out of each other like this.

I'm pretty sure Tommy is more than happy in Perth, but things can change quickly...................All kidding aside, I suspect Ray McKinnon is on the radar...but he has a good chance of promotion via the play off, same as TW...why risk stepping out of a comfort zone for the sort of dumbf*ck expectation at Tannadice!

Would you be willing to take on the role of WAP Minor Leagues Special Correspondent for the next 5 - 10 years? 

The only day I nearly cried was after that Hamilton game.

An Arab I work with said being relegated was not as bad as the cup final defeat to Saints :D

Can understand that as they were favourites and turned up expecting to win, whereas relegation has been on the cards since they hit the bottom.

Gives you a clue to the Chairman and the Boards mentality, when they signed up Mixu on a contract till 2018.

Couldn't see the Broons making that mistake.

Anyone in their right mind would have made the contract till the end of the season and if the team achieved the great escape, rewarded the Manager with a new contract.

Thank feck Saints are a well run club, despite our occasional potshots at the Board.

Some Arabs I know claiming that going down will be a good thing in the long run

What absolute pish. You telling me at the start of the season they were thinking "you know what, getting relegated would be great"

No sympathy for them at all. They lorded it over us for long enough, and still seem to think they are a 'bigger', better side than us (who play 'proper' football by the way - em, have you seen their crime count week after week!)

Enjoy the Championship ya numpties

Guest ScottMann

The only day I nearly cried was after that Hamilton game.

An Arab I work with said being relegated was not as bad as the cup final defeat to Saints :D

Then he's either just saying it or is a complete idiot. Losing to a team they'd lost the last three league games to without scoring a goal was worse than relegation? Aye right.

Wonder if they will ask thon lassie who won the share of the Euromillions wi her ex and was in the papers the day complaining about her family wanting more and more from her.

Aye and what about Lorraine Kelly etc feeding money into the club -surely she could arrange sponsorship with JD Williams etc

Then he's either just saying it or is a complete idiot. Losing to a team they'd lost the last three league games to without scoring a goal was worse than relegation? Aye right.

As Hoodlum mentioned it was more because he had time to resign himself to relegation rather than the one off loss on the day of the cup final.

I am slightly disappointed that it is United and not Killie or Hamilton that has gone down, but they were deservedly last.  It's almost a good feeling to see so called 'bigger' clubs relegated when so many assume Saints to be a yoyo team.  We are comfortably the most consistent team in Tayside over the last few years.

What it does do, however, is continue to provide an entertaining and competitive championship, which can only be good for the game in general.

I've never minded United and am probably one of the few to be disappointed they've gone down. Would much rather it had been Killie or Hamilton.

Dundee outdid themselves on the classless stakes last night. It's bad enough their fans having special scarves and specs made while celebrating like they'd just won the cup but for the club itself to play music tracks at the end with the theme of 'down' was a disgrace. Apart from anything, I thought there was an unwritten law that stopped clubs taking the mick out of each other like this.

I was at the game and it was all hilarious from start to finish. Horrible club with horrible fans getting what they deserve. They get no sympathy from me whatsoever. 

Would you be willing to take on the role of WAP Minor Leagues Special Correspondent for the next 5 - 10 years? 

No problem, but I may not be able to complete a contract in the Wee Jum stylee! 

Very difficult to predict how thing will go, a major rebuild on the cards, we currently have;

no youth coach

no head coach/manager

no one talking to each other, directors, fans, shareholders a phukin shambles from top to bottom

a the very least half the squad will go

major off field battles in the board room

That said, as an optimist, all this brings major opportunity.  A new owner will no doubt look at Ann Budge's Hearts to show how a desperate situation can unite a football club and its stakeholders!  Levein did a similar job at Tannadice following our last annus horribilius under Brewster, we had won 4 games in a year.......we were of course fortunate it was a calendar year rather than a season, but CL has us back in the top half giving the cheeks nightmares within a couple of seasons. 

Not as convinced as most that we are doon fur years.  In previous seasons (as you all know!) there were Gretnas and Livis to contend with, that model has gone forever.  Hearts and Sevco will not be there, maybe not Hibs either, no disrespect to QOS, Dunfermline, Falkirk, Raith et al, but we should be able to compete favourably quite quickly..... not next season.....but I would anticipate the one after as a reasonable ambition.  The rise of Ross County and Inverness also had an inevitability about it, I can see no comparable charge (possible Pars?) coming through the leagues. This is our 2nd season out of the top flight in the best part of 6 decades, fewer than Hearts, Hibs, Motherwell, Dundee, Saints or any of the other yo-yos, (;))our crowds will remain much the same for a while anyways.

Simply has to be Ray McKinnon surely.

Still think they will struggle to get back up in one season.

I would not rule out Jim Mac at Peterhead, he has handled himself very well and done his time as a coach, Maurice Malpas will likely be in the frame for a role of some sort too.  That is not to say non explayers are out of the picture either, in some ways this is a good time to come in, after arguably the worst season in our history!

No problem, but I may not be able to complete a contract in the Wee Jum stylee! 

Not as convinced as most that we are doon fur years.  In previous seasons (as you all know!) there were Gretnas and Livis to contend with, that model has gone forever.  Hearts and Sevco will not be there, maybe not Hibs either, no disrespect to QOS, Dunfermline, Falkirk, Raith et al, but we should be able to compete favourably quite quickly..... not next season.....but I would anticipate the one after as a reasonable ambition.  The rise of Ross County and Inverness also had an inevitability about it, I can see no comparable charge (possible Pars?) coming through the leagues. This is our 2nd season out of the top flight in the best part of 6 decades, fewer than Hearts, Hibs, Motherwell, Dundee, Saints or any of the other yo-yos, (;))our crowds will remain much the same for a while anyways.

Ah bless! You'll be like the wee lassie on Open All Mics who gets sent to the token lower league game, who makes everyone jump out their chair with fright by suddenly randomly shrieking that Albion Rovers have equalised against Edinburgh City.

You'd have to work hard to stay out of the play-offs in that league, but could take 2 or 3 years to get back up, which might be no bad thing for you in the long run. Unless, of course, a complete meltdown is just over the horizon. Good luck, anyway.