Perth First Timer Tourist

AthensSaint

Best bet would be to avoid Perth City Centre all together, unless the person in question has a fetish for barber shops, charity shops and bookies!

If I were taking a first time visitor to the area anywhere I would take them to the likes of Loch Tay, Aberfeldy, Pitlochry and Dunkeld.

i dont think anyone would describe perth as beautiful. perthshire on the other hand, is there anywhere better on the planet?

---

depends where you're talking about though. If you take, say Rose Terrace, looking out over the Inch onto the Tay, I reckon most cities would love to have a beautiful expanse of ground like that so close to the centre.  Agree about Perthshire

If you were to bring a visitor/tourist to Perth for the first time, where or what would you show them ?

It would obviously depend upon their interests -

Some may be into Golf and we all know the area is stowed out with Golf Courses of differing levels of difficulty.

Some may be interested in the many old buildings that are in the area.

Some might want to just relax or get a tour of the many drinking holes.

What ever their interest - there will be somewhere 

What I miss about Perth/Perthshire is the fantastic quality of food. Things have moved on since I moved away but Kerrachers restaurant was bliss (as weas Let's Eat in the first years). Both would have made a mint if situated in central London, New York, Singapore,  Athens ...etc etc.    

What I miss about Perth/Perthshire is the fantastic quality of food. Things have moved on since I moved away but Kerrachers restaurant was bliss (as weas Let's Eat in the first years). Both would have made a mint if situated in central London, New York, Singapore,  Athens ...etc etc.    The Original Lets Eat is where Steve first proposed to me, the bad omen of the night was that Alex Salmond  was also eating there.

I've always liked a cemetery. Used to live within view of the crieff one.

Stood on tay street tonight watching the river flow by under the lights - magic

Aye you cannae stay away from the bright lights Sleepless :wink:

By the way, I'm told Tay St. is not what it was once famed for. :laugh:

• 2 years later...

St Fillans is a beautiful place. Standing at the side of Loch Earn, looking up towards Locheanhead is a view I never tire of. No matter what the weather. Comrie's lovely too. We are very lucky to live in Perthshire.

When I first left school I worked at Lochearnhead Hotel, on my day off I would go back to Perth but because the bus didn't go any further than St Fillans I had to hitch last eight miles. I once got a lift on a speedboat up the loch from someone who had been taking water skiers out. Perthshire as many are saying is beautiful and Perth itself is in my view one of the nicest small cities in Britain.