Accies V Saints 4/4/15 @ 1500

rik2304

They even had the ball boys time wasting. They would either hold onto the ball for ages or make sure the ball got left miles from the goalkeeper so he could take a decade to go get the ball.

Spoony ended up running about 15 yards to get it for him while McGovern wondered around watching him.

Seen Cannings foul again. He was at least a week late and it was deliberate. Sunday league stuff!

Edited by PerthSeany

Tommy has to hold his hands up after yesterday. Failure to change quick enough cost us the 2 points, MOH was excellent 2nd half as was hauled off, Kane not given enough time either

Strange decisions

Not for the first time. Its a bit of a worry.

Not sure blaming the manager is right, tbh. He picked the same team as the one that came out guns blazing against St Mirren, only change seeing Swanson in for MacLean. I find it hard to believe its his fault the players can't be bothered trying to find any space and then two defenders running into each other. If anything I'd praise TW for having the nous to realise what was going wrong and change it at half time, as we were far better in the second half. He then made attacking changes after the sending off and we were really unlucky to not to score two. 

Not sure why he gets criticised for not giving Kane "enough time" either, as much as I like Kane hes done absolutely nothing to suggest he's a goal threat so far so I'm not sure who he'd get ahead of tbh. MacLean, Graham and O'Halloran are all rightfully ahead of him in the pecking order just now, and he shouldn't get more game time than his performances deserve based on potential, not while we're still needing to win games.

RG Kane should get game time when we are winning against weaker teams. That is how players progress. Can't say he 100% should have come on v Hamilton, even though I would have liked to have seen it.

I agree we should give him game time when games are won, but when was the last time we'd won a game with half an hour to go? 

I think TWs doing the best thing with him, and taking him out the spotlight can only be good for him aswell considering hes been struggling to get chances.

Kane's movement and touch Is miles better than Graham's,who's only real trick is getting a head on a great cross, give me someone with an all round better awareness every time

The thing is, IMO Kane has a contract! Graham is on loan, the only way to find out if Kane can cut the mustard is to play him? It may be that TW wants to secure top 6 first, but I think if Wright thinks he's good enough he should put him in the team.

Kane's movement and touch Is miles better than Graham's,who's only real trick is getting a head on a great cross, give me someone with an all round better awareness every time

You can have a good first touch all you want.

How many points has Graham earned us with goals?

Goals win games, first touches dont.

They are completely different types of striker. Regardless of who you thinks the better player, right now Graham seems to be the best fit for the squad, and is the only forward whos even getting into positions to miss chances.

The thing is, IMO Kane has a contract! Graham is on loan, the only way to find out if Kane can cut the mustard is to play him? It may be that TW wants to secure top 6 first, but I think if Wright thinks he's good enough he should put him in the team.

Theres a (growing) chance Graham will be a contracted player with us next season. Does that change your opinion?

You can have a good first touch all you want.

How many points has Graham earned us with goals?

Goals win games, first touches dont.

This. Grahams scored the only goal in a 1-0 win three times this season, and also the only goal in a 1-1 draw twice. You could argue he's won us 11 points this season. 

We were two-nil up versus the bottom of the table team with 28 mins to go. Kane got 7.

But now I'm repeating myself and going off topic, two cardinal sins

Can't argue with that, he should maybe have got longer. Again though MacLean and Graham could be our starting striking partnership next season, maybe we should try and let them forge a partnership?

They are completely different types of striker. Regardless of who you thinks the better player, right now Graham seems to be the best fit for the squad, and is the only forward whos even getting into positions to miss chances.

Theres a (growing) chance Graham will be a contracted player with us next season. Does that change your opinion?

This. Grahams scored the only goal in a 1-0 win three times this season, and also the only goal in a 1-1 draw twice. You could argue he's won us 11 points this season. 

So the other 10 did feck all to get these points?Far too black and white,who's to say McLean or Kane or anyone wouldn't have scored in the same situation?

So the other 10 did feck all to get these points?Far too black and white,who's to say McLean or Kane or anyone wouldn't have scored in the same situation?

No its not that simple, obviously, but it was him that scored them. Grahams one goal behind the entire midfield and front line (excluding O'Halloran) combined. Its pretty safe to say we'd be much worse off without him, seeing as without him Anderson would be our second highest scorer.

Not sure blaming the manager is right, tbh. He picked the same team as the one that came out guns blazing against St Mirren, only change seeing Swanson in for MacLean. I find it hard to believe its his fault the players can't be bothered trying to find any space and then two defenders running into each other. If anything I'd praise TW for having the nous to realise what was going wrong and change it at half time, as we were far better in the second half. He then made attacking changes after the sending off and we were really unlucky to not to score two. 

Not sure why he gets criticised for not giving Kane "enough time" either, as much as I like Kane hes done absolutely nothing to suggest he's a goal threat so far so I'm not sure who he'd get ahead of tbh. MacLean, Graham and O'Halloran are all rightfully ahead of him in the pecking order just now, and he shouldn't get more game time than his performances deserve based on potential, not while we're still needing to win games.

I disagree. In a number of games this season we have started 5 in midfield and went behind. You do not have to be a tactical genius to know that if you want something out of the game you need to attack. Everyone round about me were commenting that we needed 2 up front. Has he learned from these games I doubt it. We start our games with 5 in midfield and when we go behind he will go 2 up front.

Will he play Graham and O'halloran up front on Tuesday or McLean and o'halloran as the game on Saturday clearly showed we are much better with 2 up front? He and the coaching staff are defenders (goalkeeper) and their philosophy is to play not to lose. This worked well last season with May scoring for fun but without him defending and hitting on the break has not worked. Yes he gave us our greatest day in our history but that does not mean that he gets everything right or he should be our manager until he retires. Like players managers live and die by results. His target this year was top 6 and he is almost there and that is why he is happy with a point at Hamilton and never went for the win. In my opinion he should have played 343 against their 10 men but with his defensive hat he would not do such a thing. Sorry for the rant but I had to reply

Not sure blaming the manager is right, tbh. He picked the same team as the one that came out guns blazing against St Mirren, only change seeing Swanson in for MacLean.

So he never picked the same team.

That one change gives the whole team a totally different dynamic. It failed spectacularly v Partick, not sure why he tried it again.

No you couldn't, I will let you argue 8 points but not 11.

There can be no sentimentality in this, whoever helps the team win games plays, we've a European charge on right now. I don't think that's as cut and dried as Graham starts every game, but certainly he should be getting plenty of game time until he stops performing.

No you couldn't, I will let you argue 8 points but not 11.

There can be no sentimentality in this, whoever helps the team win games plays, we've a European charge on right now. I don't think that's as cut and dried as Graham starts every game, but certainly he should be getting plenty of game time until he stops performing.

3 x 3 = 9

2 x 1 = 2

9 + 2 = 11.

That is all.