Aberdeen Bus To Dundee Game

Chuchter

It would be great to share the costs and joys of travelling up and down the A90 with a group of saints fans. There seemed to be at least three folk keen on trying this for the Dundee game on Sat 11th at McDiarmid.  I had a wee search for vans: 

First off, it seems you need a D1 license to drive anything with more than 9 seats, so unless anyone has one of those then we're restricted to the smaller vehicles...

The best options is maybe from Practical Van Hire: £90 for a 9-seater, Diesel should cost around £25(?), maybe £30.

With 8 folk it's around £15 each. (6 folk would be £20 each). 

It be great to hear what other folk think, any suggestions, or if someone has a minibus we can borrow etc. 

So, who's up for the North East Saints Express? 

You can drive bigger than 9 seats as long as it's not for payment

Aye, that's what the DVLA website said as well. 'Practical' Van Hire seem to just have a flat policy that drivers must have a D1 category, and when I spoke to Turner Hire Drive just there I was told that their minibuses are over the weight limit for normal driving licenses  :wacko:

I can get a 14 seater personnel carrier, which can be hired at the weekends through work, when not being used.

It costs I think £14 to hire, 100 free miles then its pennies per mile after that plus the diesel.

A mate hired it for a weekend wedding at Loch Lomond. Return trip from Aberdeen was about £90 I think.

I'll check at the weekend with him for any future games. 

I am qualified to drive it.

But unfortunately I'm away to Edinburgh that weekend.