Celtic Write To Sfa

ancientsaint

Oh Gosh those chaps at Celtic have written a clarification letter to those beastly chaps at the SFA following Alan Muir (remember him against Livingston when Sheerin scored and 2 of the livvy chaps encroached -Muir gave free kick to Livvy and was eventually banned !) denying them a "penalty"...Muir apparently told the Reffy chappy that it hit the Inverness chappies Moosh and not his hand.

Now how many times have Celtic got a dodgy decision and never once did anyone write a letter.

Bad grapes chaps !

Edited by ancientsaint

Fair play at all the comments and as much as I hate the manky mob.... The fact remains,

1, it was a stonewall penalty

2, ICT player denying a clear goal scoring opportunity

3, it was and should been a red card

4, it changed the whole complexion of the game

If it happened against us we would be pissed off as well.....

But congrats to ICT because overall I think they merited it on the 2nd half showing and really hope like us last season they go on to create some history for their club.

Enough said

.....Celtic get pen v SJ, Mackay sent off, bo whatever his name subsequently banned for diving, SJ denied stonewall pen in same match. Celtic manager claims not to have seen the dive nor the stonewaller but makes the point that "they even themselves out over the season". Well there you go......tough luck Ronny !

Fair play at all the comments and as much as I hate the manky mob.... The fact remains,

1, it was a stonewall penalty

2, ICT player denying a clear goal scoring opportunity

3, it was and should been a red card

4, it changed the whole complexion of the game

If it happened against us we would be pissed off as well.....

But congrats to ICT because overall I think they merited it on the 2nd half showing and really hope like us last season they go on to create some history for their club.

Enough said

I agree with every word, anything that happened after this appalling decision is of no relevance.  I feel sorry for ICT because their moment of glory has been tainted.  Remember 17 May when we all thought Stevie May had made it 2 - 0 only for the goal to be disallowed.  I was temporarily gutted but now can look back on hour day of glory without any worries about dodgy goals sealing our victory.  We won fair and square and there is no need for any apologists to say we might have won anyway.

Meekings cited by SFA -refuses 1 game suspension as its the cup final he would miss.....ICT now looking at legal position as there was a decision made by assistant behind the goals.

Fecks sake, if Meekings gets a ban and misses the final, this is gonna open up a can of worms, as there are gonna be a flood of appeals/protests/letters to the authorities/compliance officer.

He never elbowed anyone, like Scott Broon, or dived to win a penalty.

Fecks sake, if Meekings gets a ban and misses the final, this is gonna open up a can of worms, as there are gonna be a flood of appeals/protests/letters to the authorities/compliance officer.

He never elbowed anyone, like Scott Broon, or dived to win a penalty.

True and what punishment will Alan Muir receive as it was he who said it hit meekings face --

True and what punishment will Alan Muir receive as it was he who said it hit meekings face --

In his defence, and having seen it dozens of times in  slo/mos, due to the players being so close to one another and the ball being between the players his view of the handball was NIL, especially with Meekings movement, giving the impression he headed the ball or in Muir's view hit him in the face .

As for Alan Muir, he was in the wrong place/position at the wrong time. Might have been better positioned behind the net, after all the net is the intended destination/aim of the ball. 

Need technology in place aka tennis, rugby and cricket,  where a controversial decision can be reviewed,  obviously with the number of reviews restricted to say three per team per match.

Edited by HOODLUM65