Saints Vs Arabs

David123

Ultimately disappointing afternoons fitba. Thought we were the better team but if you cannae score from 12 yards and cannae test the opposition keeper by at least hitting the target with the majority of yer chances, you deserve very little. This has been the story of our season. Subbies were to little to late as far as I am concerned. And then we have the officials who yet again did much to spoil the game for both sides. Some awful decisions and most importantly NO consistency. Ah well from a purely selfish point of view, it looks like I won't have to mess with my summer holidays now.

* and neither will our players. I wonder how much they actually want to qualify given it would mean a fourth successive early return to work and disruption to family holiday plans.  Just musing like... :wink: 

The offside against Scobbie in the first half was horrific. Up there with the worst I've seen.

He was about 8 yards onside. Swanson was off but didn't touch it.

The shot that clouted Ciftci in the head the referee gave a corner. He was about 3 yards away too...

The offside against Scobbie in the first half was horrific. Up there with the worst I've seen.

He was about 8 yards onside. Swanson was off but didn't touch it.

It was horrendous, compounded by the linesman looking at the fans, smirking and shaking his head. 

In my opinion one of the better games this season without winning. Still believe we should have played with 2 strikers. In the first half MOH put 4 good crosses into the box but no one there. He was too isolated. I believe if Kane was up front with him he could have got his first goal. A game we had to win and when he made the sub's he persisted with a lone striker. Last 15 mins should have put MOH and Kane up front. But we did not lose and still have a chance of Europe just need to beat one or both of the best teams in the league.

Looked like he smashed his face off someone trying to win a header.

We're awful, theres no point dancing about the fact virtually all our attacking players arent good enough. O'Hallorans good enough on the wing but nowhere else, and Swanson shows flashes. Apart from that the rest arent performing. We should probably look at replacing as many of them as we can.

Absolute bollocks

United were very physical today and stopped the game flowing. Lined up with three defensive midfielders and got the point they needed to confirm 4th. No problem at all with that. I'm sure JM will acknowledge that's what they did, it's easier to stop etc........

Scobbie cost us the first goal. He was fouled but not given by ref (one of many perplexing decisions). However he then ran in field to complain to the ref, left Erskine free, defence dragged all out of position, cross, goal by Rankin. Who is a hideous individual.

For spells thought Saints were good and much the better side. Finishing absolutely woeful though, not even getting efforts on target when well placed. Millar was again immense.

Ciftci is an excellent footballer. His touch, strength, skill and power for that effort off the post was exceptional. However his mentality can clearly be questioned, should have been booked for diving at least once and seemed to be constantly chastising his teammates. Other than that nobody in the United side particularly impressed me. Suppose Rado deserves his moment though......

Opportunity missed there.

We were the better side, make no mistake, and that's difficult with at least two passengers in Macca and Spoony. Can't fault their effort etc etc blah blah but how they continue to play as many minutes at this time is beyond me.

United are every bit as sh!t as they claim we are. Not for at least 2 years have they played well against us and they were very lucky to leave Perth with a point.

Thought Muzz was really back to his best today and O'Halloran and Swanson looked dangerous but neither ever had runners or support when they made decent opportunities which was very frustrating.

Kano was decent when he came on

He worked hard but I don't remembering him having a shot. Same old, same old. Still, he did look better than McFadden who looked well off the pace though pretty much every ball that went towards him was in the air.

Seen a few on here saying Swanson would be a good addition for next season...not for me, very poor today (apart from the cross for the goal). Personally, I'd have taken him off well before he set up that goal. How did he got mom?

I thought Swanson looked quite dangerous throughout the match tbh. He was an out ball for most of the game and put a lot of work in. I'd be delighted to sign him up.

Probably the weakest United side to have visited us in many a year , other than the turk, there wasn't anyone to fear!

Chris Miller was tremendous yet again, he very rarely does much wrong these days! Agree with other that muzz is getting better and that's the best game I've seen him play for a long time!

Glad Wright made the right decision and took McLean off, albeit it looked as if MOH was coming off hence the ring of boo's!

I wonder what nonsense JMc will come out with

Swanson isn't helped by the fact Scobbie is hopeless going forward, he hasn't exactly had a fair crack at playing with Easton, who actually makes runs going up the pitch.

Swanson kept coming short instead of making a run to take the defender away & give Scobie a chance to put him through.

I don`t think we should sign him. I would rather go for a guy like Carmichael at QoS. Similar type player but better work rate.

How folks expectations have risen.!  Im pretty sure we went for about thirteen years withoot beating Scumdee United.! We were by far the better team today.!IMO.. as I have said before .Iam easily pleased..!