Northern England To Join Scotland?

dunblanemike

I was thinking about this a little in the run up to the General Election. Would be interesting if the SNP started running for seats in the north of England, and basically pledged to bring those places along with Scotland in the event of independence or further devolution. Could end up sneakily moving the border halfway down the country!

I was thinking about this a little in the run up to the General Election. Would be interesting the SNP started running for seats in the north of England, and basically pledged to bring those places along with Scotland in the event of independence or further devolution. Could end up sneakily moving the border halfway down the country!

Not if it means York City joining the SPFL, sorry :mrgreen:  

And standing candidates in Yorkshire would quite likely disgruntle the SNP's co-members of the European Free Alliance, Yorkshire First, who averaged around 1% of the vote in their first general election. :o

Last year when we were stopped at a section of Hadrians Wall, a car with four Italians in it pulled up. We felt it appropriate to beat them up then run for cover in a nearby wood to the north

That will teach them, it was to stop us beating them up that they built the wall in the first place.

I can see it working quite clearly in Cumbria. My partner is Cumbrian, and they don't feel particularly English. In sensibility, they are much more like Scots than English. And I could see it on the east coast as far down as, say Newcastle. But after that the people seem to identify as distinctly English. Certainly here in Hull, there would be no appetite at all.

Maybe it's Scotland down to the Yorkshire border, then the Independent Republic of Yorkshire, then England...

I can see it working quite clearly in Cumbria. My partner is Cumbrian, and they don't feel particularly English. In sensibility, they are much more like Scots than English. And I could see it on the east coast as far down as, say Newcastle. But after that the people seem to identify as distinctly English. Certainly here in Hull, there would be no appetite at all.

Maybe it's Scotland down to the Yorkshire border, then the Independent Republic of Yorkshire, then England...

Going with the same thinking, we could have Cornish pixies, Devon dimwits, Somerset Souls, Midland Maniacs and villagers from Lancashire!

"England" is Lahndn and the Home Counties....  

Will it help Rangers get into the premiership? If not then it's a dead duck.

In reality though, all the non SNP options up north are English based parties, why not have a Scottish based party in England? I suspect there might be some welcome of it, particularly in the NW of England.

---

well I know for certain that the SNP got at least one vote in the Beverley and Holderness constituency...