Athens Saint

sixties saintee

As I have said previously he made a bit off a prat himself but does not deserve a life ban.

Down to the mods / beatson now.

Absolutely. Time to get this sorted. John will know full well that he went too far but the other protagonist involved in the unsavoury exchange should do the decent thing and request his reinstatement. Come on mods it's not beyond the wit of man to sort this out with appropriate cautions.

He dosent help himself, had a go at Abernethy, Montrose and think it was Rik , what he said to Montrose was out of order and I told him so, what he said to Monty was along the lines of what mates say in Banter and correct me if I am wrong he has never met him so definitely out off line.

But I would not like to see him Banned, he is just a old blinkered Tory doing his bit in the colonies, + I want my Programme from Andos testimonial.

What he said to me was out of line, but not unprovoked, and we exchanged lengthy PMs afterwards and 'kissed and made up'.

An arse at times, but not poisonous like some people have been in the past on here. I've been an arse on here too, many times. Lots of us have. Not poisonous though.

What he said to me was out of line, but not unprovoked, and we exchanged lengthy PMs afterwards and 'kissed and made up'.

An arse at times, but not poisonous like some people have been in the past on here. I've been an arse on here too, many times. Lots of us have. Not poisonous though.

Well said. Hope this goes some way getting matters resolved, Athens reinstated and friendly banter resumed

Well yeah not montrose alone. And I see you said "some way" to resolving so apologies. I misread that bit.

But I'd say it was more a the cumulative effect of many comments, but for me personally it was what was said to Abernethy that was the plainly the actions of a pathetic and horrible person. The straw that could break any camel's back

I wasn't trying to justify everything Athens said either, I just wanted to set the record straight that there is no hard feeling between he and I, and I hope the mods are aware of that in any future decisions. I (stupidly) got involved because I objected to what he said to Abernethy and another comment elsewhere (not directed at anyone specific) and he reacted back to me.  What was said between him and Abernethy remains none of my business and whether any hatchet was buried there is equally none of my business.

Just trying to be clear by what I meant above.

Well yeah not montrose alone. And I see you said "some way" to resolving so apologies. I misread that bit.

But I'd say it was more a the cumulative effect of many comments, but for me personally it was what was said to Abernethy that was the plainly the actions of a pathetic and horrible person. The straw that could break any camel's back

Everyone is entitled to their views. I do not believe anyone on here is seeking to defend what Athens wrote or the language used by others - it went far beyond what should be banter. I happen to have met Athens for the first time last year when he and his good lady could not have been more friendly, welcoming and helpful when my wife and I visited Athens. He certainly is not the person that you paint but all of us have done or said things that in hindisight we regret. I for one enjoy reading the many, varied sometimes obscure posts on this forum and I would say that Athens, Montrose and Abernethy... Not to mention the incomparable SLF.. top the list of entertainers. It is admirable that Montrose and Athens seem to have resolved matters off line. Hopefully the situation with Abernethy will also be resolved. we can agree to disagree but I think Athens should be reinstated with an appropriate shot over his bows.

I do get what you're saying about hindsight, although I take comfort that at least I've never done that.

With that in mind I too think allowing him back at some point after hes had some time to mull things over wouldn't be beyond the realms of decency (again noting the decision has nothing to do with me).

I'll always remember though even if he is back, as I would anyone who resorted to that after a bit of mere online name-calling

I do get what you're saying about hindsight, although I take comfort that at least I've never done that.

With that in mind I too think allowing him back at some point after hes had some time to mull things over wouldn't be beyond the realms of decency (again noting the decision has nothing to do with me).

I'll always remember though even if he is back, as I would anyone who resorted to that after a bit of mere online name-calling

What you think is "mere online name-calling" may not be how someone else describes and responds to it. that is not a defence for an abusive response but may help explain it. Let's just leave it at that.

Just seen this thread. Not sure whether to respond really, but probably better to do it now than when I'm pissed.

I always thought Athens was a braw poster in general. Bit dodgy on the PC stuff, but in a silly old Tory sort of way rather than the outright National Front stuff we occasionally get from a tiny, tiny minority on here. It all seemed to kick off when I advised him to remove a silly old Tory racist post, simply because I didn't want to see him banned. From that moment on, I got followed round the Forum. Dozens and dozens and dozens of posts claiming I didn't exist, he'd shagged my wife (he's feckin lucky I chose not to share them with her, btw, she'd tear him a new one - her Dad was the RSM of the Black Watch, and I truely don't recommend upsetting her), blah blah blah etc etc. it got seriously, seriously weird.

I tried ignoring it, I tried being conciliatory, I tried explaining why most folk on here don't know me (as a service kid, I don't come from Perth, but my family do, and I've supported Saints since I knew what football was), and then I lost it and swore a lot, for which I make absolutely no apologies. I thought his attack on Monty, given what Monty has shared on here, was absolutely beneath contempt.

So what Athens do you want back? If it's the idiot one, I don't want him back. Remember, this is the second time he has been banned. If you want funny daft old Tory back, then yes, absolutely, but will he stick to that? The daft thing about this is I still have absolutely no idea what this was all about. I assume he was channelling some anger or frustration in his private life.

I haven't heard from Athens via pm ever. I have no idea how to get in touch with him, and no particular desire to, really. It's up to the Mods how they manage this site. You should note I've not been warned, or spoken to, ever. It is not up to me to resolve this.

I'm not going to get into a dialogue on this. Like the rest of you, I have about 5,000 things more important to worry about than whether some over-excitable tax exile is allowed to post on the same footy site that I do.

Meanwhile, I believe we're possibly 1 + 1 games away from a fourth year in Europe......?