End Of Season Review

Longgforgan Saint

In october if you told me that we would finish fourth, beat the DABS and the dee twice, beat Celtic at parkhead and possibly secure europe last game of the season away at Pittodrie with a 20 year old sub scoring i would have told you to f... Off! But im so glad how this season turned out in the end. Hats off to Tommy Wright and co for a great season and the young team for making going to the games bearable. I love being a saintee yasssss!

Quite a season of ups and downs.

I've enjoyed beating the Sheep, Unitit and Dundee twice and Celtic at Parkhead.

Some really good goals; Swanson obviously, MOH against Motherwell, Midge against Dundee United, McFadden in the cup, BG against Dundee and ICT.

Some fantastic defences displays.

The cup losses to Sevco and QOtS were big let downs however :sad:

Making up the ground on Hamilton and ultimately United have been brilliant and the post split unbeaten run has also been fantastic.

The club have done a great job with the meet the player days at Christmas and the book launch and the social media stuff has been top quality.

Roll on 15/16 with Shaughnessy and McKay already on board I look forward to seeing what happens next!

COYS!

What a roller coaster of a season. The obligatory slow start from us, bad results at home to the likes of Dundee, Killie and St. Mirren. The highs for me were beating Aberdeen at home, the Utd game at home with Midge scoring a winning goal that Messi would have been proud of, giving as good as Celtic gave every time we played them, going undefeated in our top six matches and especially going to Pittodrie and winning to secure fourth place and possibly a place in Europe.

That's unreal, the top 8 Premiership clubs taking a hit to increase the money going to the top 3 in the championship by hundreds of thousands. Not biased towards The The at all is it!!!

First of all can I just say that this season has given me 2 out of my 10 highlights in all my near 50 years following Saints. Firstly Lucerne (away), ever since getting a lift over the Florence Place turnstiles to get into Muirton Park I have had 2 dreams....to see Saints win a major trophy (we achieved that last season) and travel to see Saints play in Europe that happened when I joined the official club charter to Lucerne. The home leg was in my view probably one of the top 3 games ever at McDiarmid Park and easily makes my top 10 Saints moments.So on the whole a very satisfying season in the end, yes there have been disappointments....... QOS and the the away and Dee Killie and the fakes games at home.Signings and contract extensions look good for next season which I am now thoroughly looking forward to.

Great. I feel I can still gloat to the Arabs, Dees, St Mirren, Partick friends... also beat the Dons last day seems a big score even though their season fell away. I smile on our league position. I'd never have of thought it was possible this season after losing the wonder kid. There is life after May! That was a hangover and a half once Europe come to an end and May left.. living each day on the Scottish Cup memories but feeling there was a big hole.. god I love this team! Even though they are shit€ some weeks!

It's been a funny season. The trip to Switzerland was one of the best things I've ever done. We've been so lucky in Europe. The Turkish fans and the night before the game was insane, the piano bar in Norway then the whole Switzerland trip was unreal.

After Luzern though our season took a while to get started. I didn't see a win for about 10 games as I missed the Aberdeen and county wins. There has been a few gems in terms of performances but over the main part of the season our performances have been a bit boring.

However, the end of the seasons been terrific. Swanson gave us a real boost and an attacking edge and we never looked under pressure post split at all. A superb ending to the season which was more graft than grace but enjoyable over the piece. Through success our expectations are rising and it's testimoy to the players and management that they are rising to it.

Well done Saints.

As far as Tommy Wright, I think in many ways he has had as good a season as we did last year- losing 27 goals and yet still achieving top 4 and potentially Europe again is a great achievement.

I believe Wright realised very early in the season that we were not going to score the goals we needed and focused on our hard to beat attitude.

His choice of Caddis at right midfield against Aberdeen was the prime example. He knew our full-back could be vulnerable and he put in a guy that would graft and help out. I had some plonker giving Wright and Caddis abuse the whole game. I truly believe Wright is a master at looking at weeks in advance and looks at the big picture.

Again Wright got the best out of the January market. Swanson was a great addition (even though a couple of his dives have been embarrassing at best- downright cheating at worst) and just what we needed in the squad.

I'm really, really looking forward to next season. I agree with all the departures and I'm very positive about the two young defenders that are coming in. Cummings was clearly a long-term target for Wright and adding in another couple of attacking options I think top six is a very realistic target- from there a top four is more than possible again.

I am sure that I read somewhere that this season Saints got their highest ever points total in the top division. However, can't find source or details. If that is correct, that would be the defining stat that this has been a hugely successful season. I also think that being undefeated post-split is a top achievement.