John Pelosi

ejksjfc

Can anybody tell me who the Motherwell player was that he punched. If I remember correctly he was off the pitch before the ref got his card out.

The reason I am asking is that I thought it was Dougie Arnott but he actually came into The Crown here in Peebles today on a wee break with his wife and I was having a bit of banter with him  but he was there late 80's and has no recollection of the incident.

I think I am going "The Lark Saint".......... Mike Larnach does definitely ring a bell somewhere but there again I was convinced it was a punch whereas the concensus of opinion on here seems to be it was a headbutt. I was at the game standing right beside the incident (on the barrier halfway between the halfway line and ice rink end goalline) it is strange what time does to the memory

Anyway apologies to anybody who thinks this thread is a waste of time, I only started it because I met an ex Motherwell player who I mistook for someone else.

Just as an aside anybody who knows The Crown will know that it is by and large a T IM stronghold in Peebles and when DA first came into bar one of the regulars suggested he was a H UN his reply was"if you had seen me celebrating on Sunday you would not have suggested that" !!!!

Not that it answers the question, but this is from One Final Hurdle:

Memories tend to be equally tough. John Marnoch singles out the occasion John Pelosi got sent off for a headbutt against Motherwell. Yes, says Dave McNaughton, “and he head-butted the wrong guy! He butted the winger and it was the full back who clobbered him.”