Lomas And Adams

David123

Adams isn't a bad manager, he's just an absolute penis.

MS you could say the same with lomas

I'd say that both are still to fully prove themselves, in my opinion anyway. They've both had degrees of success so far, but each with just one club. Hardly convincing.

Adams did well at County over a pretty sustained period of time, and you don't get promoted twice by accident, but he's always had the safety net of Daddy in the background keeping him right and MacGregor's cash to bail him out. His time at Hibs as Calderwood's assistant hardy left him smelling of roses, and he jumped ship back to the safe option before it turned into a full on nightmare.

Saints did very well while Lomas was manager here, there's no doubting that, but Millwall was obviously a disaster and he's failed to get a number of jobs despite his agent's best efforts - his name's getting thrown into the papers at the first sniff of a vacancy these days, and it's looking more and more desperate.

You could argue that they're 'not bad managers', but you could also argue that they're both utter baws at the man management side of the role, which is a huge part of it these days. I'm sure it's not a coincidence that they appear to be a pair of arrogant sh!tbags, and they are both still currently looking for work.

Lomas must surely have far better contacts in the football world than Adams, and that would make him appealing. He was pretty good in the transfer market for Saints - arguably better than Tommy Wright has been.

Personally I don't think I'd be interested in either of those two if I was in the Plymouth chairman's shoes, though.

I am quite surprised by that more by the fact that Elgin is farther north than Peterhead than farther north than Dingwall. I always thought that Peterhead was the most northerly.

I do remember many years ago the BBC quiz show, the forerunner to Question of Sport, where different football clubs put in teams (quizball ???) when Malcom MacDonald was asked the most northerly team in Great Britain the answer he gave was Newcastle and the t*** was quite upset when it was not accepted as correct.

Elgin is most Northern club out of the top 4 leagues. I Also thought it was Ross county until I saw it was because of the shape of the coastline Elgin is on. Wick is further north but not in spfl. Peterhead is only 45 mins North or aberdeen. Gone a bit off topic with all this geography. I hear lonas on talksport now and again. It would maybe make sense for him to go to Northern Ireland for work. Or back to the conference. When folk make an arse of things sometimes the only option is to start from scratch again.