Man Utd

dan the saint

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst I'd like to see Man U win it I can't see it, they don't have the squad Chelski do. Their 1st 11 will match anyone in Europe, but if Rooney and Saha get injured who do they have? They'd have to recall Rossi from Newcastle, and that proves they don't have the squad to cope when the inevitable injuries/suspensions kick in.

it comes to something when I support Manchester United. I don't like them, don't like Fergie (I lived in Aberdeen 82-85 when he was lording it over them) but I really want them to win the league this year and beat those soulless, passionless automatons, Chelsea.

It really would be a nightmare if Saints were taken over by an oligarch as Chelsea were, and were suddenly propelled into being invincible champions. I'll say now I would hate it if we started winning on that basis. It wouldn't be St Johnstone winning, but some faceless bloke's money and whim.

Okay, if we won something it'd be great. But compare it to if we'd won the League Cup a few years back, on our own terms, as ordinary St Johnstone. Which is the real football team?

So let's get behind the guys in the semi this year...

it comes to something when I support Manchester United. I don't like them, don't like Fergie (I lived in Aberdeen 82-85 when he was lording it over them) but I really want them to win the league this year and beat those soulless, passionless automatons, Chelsea.

It really would be a nightmare if Saints were taken over by an oligarch as Chelsea were, and were suddenly propelled into being invincible champions. I'll say now I would hate it if we started winning on that basis. It wouldn't be St Johnstone winning, but some faceless bloke's money and whim.

Okay, if we won something it'd be great. But compare it to if we'd won the League Cup a few years back, on our own terms, as ordinary St Johnstone. Which is the real football team?

So let's get behind the guys in the semi this year...

On a far lesser scale we did that years ago. It was Geoff bank rolling Totten that got us up from the second division years ago. Didn't hear anyone complaining then Did you??

On a far lesser scale we did that years ago. It was Geoff bank rolling Totten that got us up from the second division years ago. Didn't hear anyone complaining then Did you??

You are of course joking? What IMHO a ridiculous comment. Doesn't bear any comparison to what is happening in the Higher Reaches of the Premiership and SPL today. We hardly bought the league or league cup, or depleted other clubs' resources by buying up all the available talent in the country. We progressed a bit only to end up, a few years later, back where we started and worse. There is a subtle difference. The Big Four in the English Premiership will eventually ruin the game in England. Maybe not in the next few years but mark my words it's coming.