Man Utd

dan the saint

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes and unlike many have followed Chelsea for over twelve years. None of this "chelse spend the most so we'll support them!" rubbish.

I see a tough season ahead for the blues, and so far I'd say we've only really bought squad players (unlike United) but I do see good seasons coming from Shev, Ballack and Lampard!

Yes and unlike many have followed Chelsea for over twelve years. None of this "chelse spend the most so we'll support them!" rubbish.

I see a tough season ahead for the blues, and so far I'd say we've only really bought squad players (unlike United) but I do see good seasons coming from Shev, Ballack and Lampard!

Been a Chelsea fan since 1970! Osgood, Cooke (OK he's a cogey!) Bonnetti etc.

Been a Saintee since 1971 :oops:

Being born in 1988 I unfortinately can't claim that! LAUGH OUT LOUD

I began supporting when the likes of Clarke, Stein, Spencer and that Russian keeper you could never pronounce! :P:lol::P

Going to a home games this season (my dad has a contact at the club), so just looking at the fixture list to see what I fancy. Sunderland game looks a good one, as does Newcastle or Spurs.

Just like Gretna, it is Man U's title to lose

Hopefully it will be bye bye for Mourino, I find him about as likeabale as asshole wanker from arsenal

At least Fergie was a saintee

Nah! Fergie was formerly a 'SAINT' there were no such things as saintee's (daintee's) in those days and even if there were he'd probably have thought that the term referred to the sons or daughters of Saints. :)

absolutely hate fergie and i keep wishing he would retire.he was also a ***.

Ohhhh my gawd. So what!! I don't give a toss what you think of Fergie. I'm more concerned about the tag 'Saintee's that we are lumbered with nowadays.

An irrelevant post - were you around when he was playing for Saints ?? He was one of many characters (something you don't see so much of nowadays) that graced the Scottish game in those days, and he was an entertainer whichever team he happened to be playing for at the time.

• 2 months later...

29 Kuszczak

22 O'Shea

5 Ferdinand

15 Vidic

3 Evra

18 Scholes

16 Carrick

9 Saha *

10 Rooney ***

17 Nani **

7 Ronaldo

On The Bench

38 Heaton

19 Pique

25 Simpson

33 Eagles

32 Tevez * (66)

8 de Abreu Olivei *** (84)

11 Giggs ** (79)

Man Utd1-0 Roma (HT 0 - 0)

Kickoff: 19:45

Att: 73652

just shows how gd of a team utd have this year when u can leave Tevez & Giggs on the bench.

• 2 weeks later...

Although the transfer window will not open again until January, a number of players are already being linked with mid-season moves to Old Trafford.

Following rumours that United are set to rival Arsenal for the signature of defender Miguel Veloso, Sporting Lisbon have denied that the Reds have first option to sign the Portuguese U21 international.

"Manchester United do not have a preference on him (Veloso) or any other players of Sporting Lisbon," said a club spokesman, following predictions that Veloso would follow former Sporting prospects Ronaldo and Nani to Old Trafford.

Meanwhile, Monaco striker Jeremy Menez is tipped to be at the centre of a transfer tug-of-war between United and Liverpool, who have both been alerted by the 20-year-old striker's displays this season.

According to the tabloids, United are definitely looking at the younger end of the market, with 17-year-old Nigerian starlet Macauley Chrisantus also linked.

The striker starred in Nigeria's triumphant World Under 17 championships, and is expected to leave his current club Abuja in the near future, with all Europe's top clubs allegedly interested.

• 2 months later...

Are there not 2 old firm teams or do you mean they poach/buy all the decent players, like half the Premier League do.

Personally I like to watch Man U and Sir Alex is ok as well. Not exactly a Saints legend, even though he did score 18 goals in 36 games, he has remained at the top for many years.

Theres nothing wrong with watching Man Utd, Alex Ferguson is connected with us and they came to McDiarmid for the official opening, which was good of them considering they brought their first team up with them.

Personally, I would rather watch a lower table battle than a top of the league clash as I think the top teams cancel each other out too much.

I quite enjoy watching West Ham at the moment, used to support Newcastle but can't be arsed with their 'Big Team' 'This is our year' attitude.

Pompey would be my preferred team but that guy constantly wringing the bell puts me off.