Club To Cover The Cost Of Match Tickets In Armenia

Saint GB

I dont buy into the whole idea of clubs losing money in the Europa league, last season each club got €120,000 for entering at the first round, and prize money has been increased 65% this season, though not sure on the distribution of the increase

200,000 Euro for qualifying for the first round. But chartering a plane (esp to somewhere like Armenia where they will need the plane for all 3-4 days of the trip) in the middle of summer at relatively short notice won't be cheap. Add in hotel costs for a travelling party of 30-40 players and officials and there wont be that much change.

I think some of you have gone on your high horse and missed my point

It has nothing to do with the money element - pretty sure I can afford the £5 entry or whatever it is!

My point was there are very few fans going in what will be the furthest the club have ever travelled to play a match! I dont think it is unreasonable to call out that it would be a nice touch from the club to recognise and show their appreciation to the fans who are travelling!

Might cost the club £400, hardly breaking the bank!

As for the club making a loss in Europe, some of you have clearly been brainwashed by the chairman!

Last season is the only year Saints have made any profit directly from playing in Europe,in other years they have made a loss. This year (if we make it through at least 2 rounds) I don't  see anything but a loss unless we make the group stages due to the 2 astronomically expensive trips.

Last season is the only year Saints have made any profit directly from playing in Europe,in other years they have made a loss. This year (if we make it through at least 2 rounds) I don't  see anything but a loss unless we make the group stages due to the 2 astronomically expensive trips.

If we do get through, I don't think Belgrade will be nearly as bad as Armenia or Kazahkstan.

£200k for the first round, can only imagine that will increase in Q2 and upwards from there. We'll not make much, but I doubt we'll lose that much either. Unless we get through to Q3 and end up playing in Siberia or something.

200,000 Euro for qualifying for the first round. But chartering a plane (esp to somewhere like Armenia where they will need the plane for all 3-4 days of the trip) in the middle of summer at relatively short notice won't be cheap. Add in hotel costs for a travelling party of 30-40 players and officials and there wont be that much change.

16 players, the manager and 3 coaches make 20 who are the other 20 receiving freebees

I really don't get your point. Even if BOD do bring 20 pals along, they work free of charge. £20-40k is small change compared to what most boards will earn in salaries.

My point is we are not like most clubs. We cannot afford to buy players or pay competitive wages. Yes our club relies on the goodwill of the BOD but does that entitle them to give out freebees. Would that £20-£40 (which multiplies for each round) be better spent on a player. Sorry for going off topic.

My point is we are not like most clubs. We cannot afford to buy players or pay competitive wages. Yes our club relies on the goodwill of the BOD but does that entitle them to give out freebees. Would that £20-£40 (which multiplies for each round) be better spent on a player. Sorry for going off topic.

When people are giving up their time and expertise free of charge to contribute to Saints and help run the club as an ongoing success, I certainly don't begrudge them the opportunity to be taken along on trips like this. I don't really see what the problem is.

Why on earth do the club pay for players/staff on a charter if costs so much? Just get them on a flight to london then to Armenia for 500 each? I cant see how a few extra hours travel time will affect performance with enough time to train and recover from travel over there?

Edited by saint10