Saints V Alashkert Europa League Q1 2Nd Leg Thurs 9Th July 2015

POST MATCH EXCUSE BINGO

the long journey took it out of the lads

heat was too much in first game

murray's injury a blow for us

too many injuries

couple of players out there playing through the pain barrier (Anderson, Wright)

referee got some decisions wrong

defence lacked focus

strikers lacked focus

team caught out

"LISTEN.....make no mistakes, Alkashiert are a good team"

etc

etc

etc

Edited by MySpazz

POST MATCH EXCUSE BINGO

too many injuries

defence lacked focus

strikers lacked focus

team caught out

etc

etc

etc

What d'you want him to say? They were a decent team, we got beat.

POST MATCH EXCUSE BINGO

too many injuries

defence lacked focus

strikers lacked focus

team caught out

etc

etc

etc

And how exactly would you react as manager to the media? Rip into your players in public before the season has even started and ignore obvious problems that came up? Or maybe come out and say I'm useless, I can't do my job!

Let's be honest there is a much bigger picture than our progress in the Europe League. He has a squad of players to pick up and get ready for the season ahead. That is his bread and butter as a manager and that is where he will earn his wage....... Again.

Did we disappoint? Yes Could we have done better? Yes........ But at the end of the day I trust Tommy is trying his best and so far his best has been more than good enough.

Edited by SlickDT

Massive disappointment to go out.

Why oh why did Brad McKay feel he had to go and press their right back when we're 1-0 up and up against 10 men???!!!

A stop start game full of niggles. We were decimated by injuries, still feel we could have taken them though.

John Sutton is going to have to give a heck of a lot more, stands waiting on the ball and barely won a header all game.

Michael O'Halloran was outstanding.

Give the manager a boost MR Brown and pull all the stops out to get Swanson, we are crying out for a creative player like him.

Concussion and potential fractured cheekbone for Ando :sad:

must be the reason we went out to the 2nd worst team in the whole thing. Tommy took the credit when we beat Rosenborg now needs to take the flak when we lose to utter shite. Bloody embarrassing

must be the reason we went out to the 2nd worst team in the whole thing. Tommy took the credit when we beat Rosenborg now needs to take the flak when we lose to utter shite. Bloody embarrassing

I was relaying what was said on the BBC, not trying to give an excuse. I wasn't there. I didn't see how we played.

Joke outside before getting in , no order at all , why no ticket and separate cash gates , typical saints tho. We struggled to put 3 passes together . Non existent midfield and MoH looking our only hope. Going to be a long hard season on the back o that. Brown and scobbie needed someone who could put a foot on the ball and see a pass . Midge be fit soon

Gee whiz that was poor. No real creative ability in the midfield, although MOH tried, they kept him reasonably quiet.

Brown tried, but his passing was pretty poor and too many looked like passengers...Sutton & MacLean as examples.

They reminded me a lot like Minsk, unnecessarily brutal in the tackle/challenge.

Overall we didn't deserve to go through.

How the linesman didn't see that elbow on Anderson is beyond me, straight red all day! Feel saints played the game at their level which ultimately cost us, although Scobbie with another costly mistake leading to their goal. Bad luck with all the injuries also cost us. No doubt Steve Brown will be the happiest "saintee" in Perth tonight.

Anyhow blessing in disguise I would say, Another two weeks of flying about Asia again and then needing to go through the motions of a home game would have maybe finished us off for this season, It looks like it is going to be a long season I am afraid. I am not that bothered about being knocked out of Europe to be honest just annoyed at the loss now of Muzz and Ando added to Dave  for lengthy periods of time into the new season.

No excuses, we shouldve won that. Disgraceful result, and hopefully the club bounce back from this knock like they usually do. We need to have more ambition attacking wise though, too often we're happy to just thump balls forward and hope something happens.

Let's not make excuses here. They were a poor side and not enough of our players bothered to turn up. Every single player should have been wired for this game, but that didn't happen.

Maybe the players spent their close season on here! Too many of us had saints through to round three as soon as the draw was made! Are we Saints or the Old Firm!

High balls up to Sutton who is supposed to be good in the air but never got his head on the ball all night.

Tommy can't seem to organise to play 10 men & they never looked like they had 10 men.

No one in the team to put their foot on the ball & set up play as we missed Midge. Caddis looked comfortable on the ball when he came on & we created more chances when he came on.

They where much the better team as far as pace & ball control is concerned.

So our midfield is Brown and Mikey? Oh ****

Fecks sake Monty , thought you backed Mikey in a left midfield position , when I said he was not a midfielder .

As it turns out he was right wing and played quite well and deserved his goal. (He must have read my post on here )

Kane also earned his corn, more than Macca and Sutton put together .