Get It Sorted Tommy.

Longgforgan Saint

Really hope Tommy gets things sorted soon! Same problems as last season, poor squad selections and a slow start to the season. Cummins and Macca must start next game. Didnt pay for watching route one stuff IE long balls pelted to Sutton and O'Halloran being wasted by playing deeper than he should be. Love Tommy but hopefully this game was a wake up call and he will make the chnages necessary for our next game. COYS

Yeah I think it needs it own thread.

We have played 4 competitive games, 3 of which have we have been horrific up top. Granted the injuries didn't help at the European home game but he seems to persist with Sutton up top by himself. I'm sure 99% of the fans could have told you we need players around Sutton he needs someone to play off him. Why Wright thought it would be a good idea to do this again yesterday is beggars belief.

Also if he insists on this 4-5-1

again this season it's going to be another pish poor watch.

Really hope Tommy gets things sorted soon! Same problems as last season, poor squad selections and a slow start to the season. Cummins and Macca must start next game. Didnt pay for watching route one stuff IE long balls pelted to Sutton and O'Halloran being wasted by playing deeper than he should be. Love Tommy but hopefully this game was a wake up call and he will make the chnages necessary for our next game. COYS

Are you serious? We are two games in to the season with three of our main players out injured. Calm down. Start getting worried if we are in the relegation zone with one game to go.

Are you serious? We are two games in to the season with three of our main players out injured. Calm down. Start getting worried if we are in the relegation zone with one game to go.

As much as I agree its far too early to get worried, your last statement is almost as stupid as the OPs point.

Biggest issue for me is we don't look any different from last season, its almost as if the manager is prepared to have another season scoring under a goal a game. While I can understand why he'd maybe think that would bring the same success, i can't imagine it will, seeing as the leagues stronger this year. We were fed lines the negative football was because he had no other option and was "pissing with the cock he was given", he was supported this Summer, yet after just 120 minutes of the new season he went straight back into the shitfest tactics of last season despite the fact we were at home and losing. Can't help but feel a more positive tactic once we'd gone behind and Caley seemed to settle for the one goal would've seen more goals and possibly a win, yet we played for a draw. 

Hopefully he can find a medium he's happy with, but given a choice between entertaining attacking football, and tight defensive football, you feel he'll go defensive every time.

Whoever shouted out "get it sorted, Tommy" just before half time I think at the game got a shout-out from open all mics and had them all laughing.

Absolutely hilarious that a Saints fan would dare shout such a thing during an insipid first half. Tommy did need to get it sorted and should have made a decision to change something at Half Time. Instead he waited another 15 minutes.

Had we done it earlier we might have had enough to win the game, hope it's a lesson learned.

This looks very like the comments last year but I seem to remember that we finished fourth, in the top six and in Europe - we cannot win the cup every year ( although this year would be nice). Makeshift defence with no time to gain any understanding so how good will we be when the invalids return. Also the squad seems to have more depth than last year.

I think Macca came on because of his influence on the others and his will to win which rubs off even when he is not playing so well. Same with Ando and Cuptie. That's what we missed yesterday and that is what changed in the last twenty mins or so. I think Cummings has a bit of this as well so would agree that he has earned the right to start before Sutton

As Alex Totten said " the fan pays good money to see goals and goalmouth incidents".  We scored three last week which was the first occasion in 2015.  That has to be encouraging, however playing Sutton up front on his own at home and punting long balls from our own half was desperate viewing in the first half yesterday. 

Let's just see where we are at the end of September.

This looks very like the comments last year but I seem to remember that we finished fourth, in the top six and in Europe - we cannot win the cup every year ( although this year would be nice). Makeshift defence with no time to gain any understanding so how good will we be when the invalids return. Also the squad seems to have more depth than last year.

I think Macca came on because of his influence on the others and his will to win which rubs off even when he is not playing so well. Same with Ando and Cuptie. That's what we missed yesterday and that is what changed in the last twenty mins or so. I think Cummings has a bit of this as well so would agree that he has earned the right to start before Sutton

I admire your confidence, and it sounds daft to nail my colours to the mast this early, but I think other clubs have made better signings over the summer. I just can't see any way we'll finish top four this year, even with Millar back. Top six? Maybe at a stretch, but even then we'll need to improve a lot and change the way we play. 

I hope, for example, that Mackay gets back to fitness, but at 35 and after a long lay off we just can't expect him to be the player he was. (And I don't think last season he was quite as good as he was the year before.) 

MacLean seems to get a 'Get out of Jail Free' card from some. Nobody now argues he's worth a starting place based on his performance - no goals in a year, and precious little creative link up play - but unlike anyone else in the team he gets credited with invisible and immeasurable qualities to justify his inclusion.

Edited by Brogan

Other clubs have made some good signings. Dundee in particular. I remember hearing the same hymn when Livi were signing all our players, when Ivano was shagging Dario and when Brookes was throwing away the family silver. We will have bought to budget. My main frustration is the lack of a game changing midfielder. I know Tommy wanted Swanson but it's a big risk. There must have been other guys available and it feels like all out eggs are in one basket.

Other clubs have made some good signings. Dundee in particular. I remember hearing the same hymn when Livi were signing all our players, when Ivano was shagging Dario and when Brookes was throwing away the family silver. We will have bought to budget. My main frustration is the lack of a game changing midfielder. I know Tommy wanted Swanson but it's a big risk. There must have been other guys available and it feels like all out eggs are in one basket.

You're right, we will have signed players to a budget. But we chose to sign Sutton and ship in another midfielder, while earlier tying up players on long-term deals. I don't meant to say that they're bad players, more to illustrate the point that I doubt all this came cheap. I don't buy the argument that we're hamstrung by lack of finances. We've made our choices; I don't think we've been as adventurous as other clubs.

those that moan about 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1 formations and want nothing but a 4-4-2 formation really need to come into the 21 St century.

I think it's fair enough to moan about a 4-5-1 if the '1' lacks mobility and doesn't get service. I think Sutton is a bigger threat with a partner playing off him. If that's 20th century thinking, I plead guilty.

I think Sutton is a bigger threat if we put crosses into the box for him. We did that twice in 90 minutes at Tynecastle-one ended up in the net and the other was cleared off the line.

Yesterday we didn't put a single decent cross into the box while he was on the park. As soon as he went off we started getting decent deliveries in. If we don't play to his strengths we won't get the best out of him.