St Johnstone V Ross County - 11/8/15

franco

Jeezo, that was a bit brutal in the 1st half. A lot better in the 2nd but yet again poor decision making cost us. 

Some pish defending and a combination of shit luck and  poor finishing means a point was the best we deserved.

Was Cummins injured?? Because if not, I cannot see why the manager would  want to take of a player who has 3 goals in  130 odd minutes. Phucking perplexing to say the least.

Spoony was poor again ( more so 1st half) Craig was also rotten & Scobbie.. well  everyone knows what Scobbie was.

At one point I though my head was going to explode..

Oh the life  of a Saintee is never simple.

Piss poor first half. 2nd half was slightly better but still pretty dire. Too many aimless punts up the park and we struggled to put a couple of passes together the whole night. MOH is incredible and again Davidson was solid. Thought Tommy should have taken Sutton off rather than Cummins when Kane came on to.

The thought of playing a decent side with Scobbie at centre half is scary. The sooner MacKay and Anderson return the better.

Piss poor until we changed to 4.2.4.

Surely Cummins must have been injured as taking him off & leaving Sutton beggers believe.

Only one change from Saturdays starting eleven.

I wondered if some players thought there were in White cause most passes were going to County with Craig & Spoony biggest culprits. Mind you Lappin surpassed them when he came on.

County were brutal. Used every trick in book. How No 15 stayed on park I will never know as he grabbed Sutton the whole game,elbowed Cummins & almost wiped out Mikey.

As disappointing as it has been not to take more points from these two home games especially, there's some serious overreacting going on on this forum. I remember people going on about how we were in trouble last season when we were right down there and lost 5 games in a row. We are not going to be in a relegation battle this season. We are not "in trouble". Guys like Millar, MacKay and Ando will come back and sort this defensive horror show out. Take three out of the back four of any team plus their best midfielder (all at the same time) and see how well they do.

Only one more thing to add, I hope Scobbie and Lappin become mere squad players once the other guys are back. Absolutely woeful the pair of them. Scobbie is not good enough to play unless playing alongside Anderson. Even then, I'm beginning to think it's questionable. He makes very, very poor decisions. He needs someone to tell him what to do. As does Brad McKay. The combination of the two of them playing with no direction is scary. At least with McKay you can put it down to his age.

Edited by SaintSam1884

Much better in the second half but it's time to drop Spoony and Scobbie simply isn't up to the job.

Davidson was fantastic. He kept that daft challenges (that lead to injuries) to a minimum whilst keeping up the tempo and drive. His positioning benefited for it.

MOH's pace is fantastic. A real strength for us.

Onwards and upwards.

I'm liking the promising start to a Sutton and Cummins partnership. Hope to see this continue for a few more games so they can read the game from each other. MOH and Muzz cracking shift!

Again the defence don't fill me with confidence but guessing I need to accept we have been blessed in recent years of a solid rear guard.. stick with the new signings and build for the future, it's like the back four have never played together, ah... that might simply be solved with more game time

Frustrating at times. Not annoyed as the effort is there, just need to play more instinctively.

Edited by Dave H

Plenty of positives to take from that. We've been unfortunate with defensive injuries. Once Mackay and Anderson are back, we'll be fine. We looked much better tonight than we did on Saturday, particularly in the second half. In an attacking sense, we look more dangerous than last season.

Despite struggling down in England, I think Cummins' experience of those leagues has probably been beneficial for him. He has been working on his strength and fitness throughout the past year and, judging by what we've seen so far, he could be a real handful for any defender in this league. It's great to have a physical presence up front who is also mobile and seemingly a very decent finisher. Very impressed, and I hope he can keep it up.

O'Halloran was outstanding in the second-half and Davidson was very imposing at times. There were a few poor performances but I won't mention them in any further detail. Again, I didn't like hearing boos at half-time and full-time. We're St. Johnstone fans, not St. Mirren fans.

I'm likely the promising start to a Sutton and Cummins partnership. Hope to see this continue for a few more games so they can read the game from each other. MOH and Muzz cracking shift!

Again the defence don't fill me with confidence but guessing I need to accept we have been blessed in recent years of a solid rear guard.. stick with the new signings and build for the future, it's like the back four have never played together, ah... that might simply be solved with more game time

Frustrating at times.

Build for the future? Steven Anderson is only 29. Maybe he could replace Scobbie though.

Scobbie had a real shocker.  We really miss Ando in there to lead things, Tam simply cannot lead in there with Brad.  There is a nervous element to the defence at the moment.

Liam a wee bit off the pace, missing the Greenock Iniesta in the mid also.  Spoony got better after a shakey start and thank goodness we have Michael O'Halloran!  Big Cummins looks a real find. 

Things can only get better.

BIG game Saturday.

Certainly looking rather good when it comes to going forward. O'Halloran once again skinning folk for fun, but his problem is that he often runs it too far and loses possession, normally as a result of 3 folk closing him down, if he can learn to look up and pass before that then great. The only thing was that Shaughnessy was coming quite far forward with the ball, but O'Halloran was just few yards in front of him, not really giving much option to go forward. Thought Davidson did well in the centre of the midfield, so there was no real need for Craig to be there. His habit of drifting so far inside hasn't changed since he was here the last time - if you are a winger and find yourself in the centre circle something is wrong - it meant Cummins was often quite far out than being in the centre. If we can get things tightened up the back, which I think we will once Mackay and Ando are back then we should be fine. If you found a tam scobbie in the ground there would be a cordon put up and the army called, total bombscare, although he did redeem himself a bit in the second half with some no bad tackles. 

I'm uncomfortable with Scobbie at the back: we looked jittery all night and despite what TW said Brad had a nervous night for the most part. Joe looks like a real find and I am looking forward to seeing him alongside Ando and the Captain- (nice to see fans giving him a good round of applause when he warmed up).

I also thought Sutton had his best game for us tonight looks like he'll settle in just fine. Muzz was our best player and we need him to stay healthy.

Would be nice to get a win on the board but Ross C will be a handful for most teams.

We are all over the place at the back. Shaugnessy is never a right back. Don't know what tommy has seen in him. Gary Miller ten times the player and defender he is. Brad McKay needs to man up, and take a look at county's nr 15 on how to defend. Scobbie all over the place at the moment. Until we are sorted at the back we are going to struggle like we have in the last two games.

We are all over the place at the back. Shaugnessy is never a right back. Don't know what tommy has seen in him. Gary Miller ten times the player and defender he is. Brad McKay needs to man up, and take a look at county's nr 15 on how to defend. Scobbie all over the place at the moment. Until we are sorted at the back we are going to struggle like we have in the last two games.

I think Shaughnessy is quite capable at right back and learning from experienced pros like cuptie, Ando and Wright will help him, still has age on his side too

While never keen to see anyone denied an opinion, why would you want to come on here and just pick out negatives after the performance tonight. I appreciate some people will offer balanced analysis but the posters that just focus on the negative, why?

To that end, I was really pleased with the contribution of O'Halloran on the right tonight and I'm sure he will provide a lot of assists if he keeps getting into those positions behind the full back. In the bigger picture, it increases competition in midfield and hopefully leaves a space for Danny Swanson before the window closes.