Sign in to follow this  
AthensSaint

Which Pub In Perth Did You Have Your First Pint ?

I moved away from Perth before I started drinking but my pub of choice at the time (mid to late 70's) was owned by the father of Lawrie Cassidy who had the Grill then. I am still a regular there today and it is now run by his nephew and niece. (the Edinburgh Saintees joined us Peebles based Saints fans for a couple of coca colas on the way to the Queen of the South cup game last season.

My father did however take me for my only  underage drink in Perth to the Railway Club at St. Leonards Bank

I moved away from Perth before I started drinking but my pub of choice at the time (mid to late 70's) was owned by the father of Lawrie Cassidy who had the Grill then. I am still a regular there today and it is now run by his nephew and niece. (the Edinburgh Saintees joined us Peebles based Saints fans for a couple of coca colas on the way to the Queen of the South cup game last season.

My father did however take me for my only  underage drink in Perth to the Railway Club at St. Leonards Bank

was that the pub off the main street that was owned by cass?

The Windsor... 

Looking back,  it was a midden, but we got served and had nowhere to compare it to.

As we got more confident it was the twa tams for newckie brown ale, or starbar for a pint of diesel.  

nookie brown ale rules

The sandeman, 15 years old. Scotland were playing. 

After that it became a regular occurrence in the Stagger inn from 16-18, they knew we were all underage but we spent all Saturday night in there so they didn't give a shit.