Site upgrade complete - a few notes!

Jamie_Beatson

Agreed it is relatively slow just now - though I think once you've navigated around a bit it speeds up as your computer caches some of the images etc.

That's something I'll be working on. Mobile skin looks nice too I think and works fairly swiftly!

my comment regarding being slow was to do with mobile not computer. Still the same. 40-60 seconds to move anywhere! Is that normal at this stage (know nothing technically, almost posted is it moral!)

when typing a reply to a post the text disappears at the bottom of my iphone6 so I'm typing 'blind' until I hit 'done'. I'll spend more time correcting my fat fingers efforts! :)

site is definitely faster than it was when it first came back online.  Looks terrific too.  Have we also lost the bloody annoying status bar that was fun for 5 minutes but became a spam directory thereafter?

Status bar is gone, as is the top of the page announcement.

Site should be running faster now - there were some ongoing background processes running to clean up and optimise the software upgrade. They've stopped now so we should be faster.

No problems with speed since it came back on but I do agree with the comment about the skin. I am finding it really quite difficult to work out where one post ends and another begins. Its a bit better on the iPad and desktop but I predominantly use my phone to read the forum. I thought it would get easier after a few days but it's still the same. A little more definition between posts would be good.