Frazer Wright - An Appreciation

Kyle

I did post something on the Saints facebook page yesterday saying it was a shame this couldn't be held back till next week so that he could have shifti in his back pocket again then someone had to let facts get in the way of a good story and remind me that shifti is actually banned for Saturdays game. (heres hoping septic get drawn against Dumbarton in the cup) 

Anyway Frazer is a  LEGEND at Saints without any doubt. During the close season when the whole sevco situation was kicking off Macca brought him down to Peebles to a charity golf day and his enthusiasm confidence and good feeling about the season to come for Saints  finally convinced me to renew my ST that season. What followed....Rosenborg was his next game told me he knows more about the workings of the game than I do. His performance on cup final day was probably not appreciated by everybody (including me) at the time but the more times I watch a rerun the more I can see why people say he was MOTM. 

Anyway Frazer thanks for the memories (most especially 17/5/14) that will remain with me till I die, and good luck for the future.  

Fantastic player for Saints in the Jim Weir mould. You knew you'd get everything he had in every game and the fact he's a top guy meant he got away with murder from referees. It's been great to watch him and Saints certainly have big boots and an even bigger personality to fill.

Him and Ando have presided over a superb defence in our most successful era in our history. Not bad at all.

All the best big Frazer.

Absolutely gutted to see this warrior leave us......I hope that we can capture another big brute of a centre half that is willing to put his body on the line for his club and fellow players.

He absolutely knew his limits and what he was good at and very rarely went outside these boundaries . 

He has still got physical presence and I doubt any forward would relish playing against him as he played everything that was in front of him.

He is a mans man....yes he could put himself about.....but you would never hear about him complaining about getting it back.

who do we realistically buy as the rest look a bit lightweight .....and we need a backbone that is always a good starting point.

Seems he's taking up a role as an U20s coach with us :D

Great news - they'll benefit from having a really smashing example to follow. He's working towards his coaching badges and is a qualified personal trainer, so he sounds like the perfect fit for that job too.

Seems he's taking up a role as an U20s coach with us :D

Great news - they'll benefit from having a really smashing example to follow. He's working towards his coaching badges and is a qualified personal trainer, so he sounds like the perfect fit for that job too.

Great news indeed, might we see him back in the future as Manager?  All the best Fraser.

Great defender. Up there wi Sergei and Kernaghan. All the best Fraz and thanks for some super memories.

Kernaghan ruined his reputation IMO when he came back as Clyde manager. Acted like a prick. 

I see from the comments posted above hes training to become a personal trainer too. I reckon thats a good move for employment for him. He will be someone who can work on the football side of things as well as the physical side of things. Clubs cant afford to pay multiple staff to cover each role so he will be an asset once hes fully qualified wherever hes working. 

All the best for the future Frazer.! You are a Saints Legend .! Time passes and players depart.but you will always be a Saintee after 17 May 2015.!  I dare say you will always live in the memory of young Nadir greetin puss as well !...

Nadir = The lowest or most unsuccessful point in a situation. 

Sums it up.

Certainly met (Zenith) Wright. Best wishes