Jimmy Munro

Pelosi

Like many clubs I assume Saints would like to have a prolific striker on their books, someone who can hit the back of the net on a regular basis!

I have been spoilt in my time supporting Saints being able to watch strikers such as John Brogan, Roddy Grant, Paul Wright, George O'Boyle and most recently Stevie May who all had impressive goal scoring records.

I came across a little known fact (to me at least) of a player called Jimmy Munro who is Saints most prolific goal scorer in the top division of Scottish Football with a strike rate of 29 goals in 36 games! Has anyone else heard of this player...when he played and what happened to him?  

Thanks for the replies...even as a supporter for many decades i had'nt heard of this player!, sad to hear he is no longer with us, but glad he has left that historical record with our club.

It would be nice if there was some record on Saints official website, all I can see are four top scorers over a season, Jimmy Benson 44 goals in 1931-32, John Brogan 36 goals in 1982-83, John Liddell, 35 in 1959-60; and Ian Rodger, 35 in 1953-54.

Jimmy's record of 29 goals in 36 games in the top division stands up to all these great players whether it was over one season or over several seasons it still remains a great acheivement and one which his family should be proud of. I hope they still have a connection with Saints.