Migrants

TedSimon

Britain 'faces influx of 50,000 asylum seekers' if it leaves the European Union

If Britain leaves the EU, France will stop allowing UK officials to make checks in Calais, David Cameron says

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/eureferendum/12145781/David-Cameron-warns-of-migrant-camps-in-southern-England-if-Brexit-vote.html

I can confirm that BabyChunder is intelligent and articulate. I can also confirm that he exists. Great Kids and a very lovely wife. Yours was a dissapointment on so many levels but that was thirty years ago. Does she remember ?

Is this really necessary? I slag off a racist (mostly tongue in cheek, which I think BabySevco knows fine well), you have sexual fantasies about another bloke's wife who you've never met. I'm fairly comfortable with where I am. You?

I can confirm that BabyChunder is intelligent and articulate. I can also confirm that he exists. Great Kids and a very lovely wife. Yours was a dissapointment on so many levels but that was thirty years ago. Does she remember ?

Been banned for this once already but still come back with it. What a pathetic and tragic attempt to belittle someone. You really are an utter ****

Some utter scummery being posted on this thread, the worst of it not even relating to migrants.

The right are wrong on migrants. The left are wrong on migrants. Everyone is wrong on migrants.

As someone posted earlier, migration is one of the great issues of our time.

Everyone has a view on the topic I expect, what's yours?

I mostly post news articles, my own view is in the thread (page 15 I think).

As someone posted earlier, migration is one of the great issues of our time.

Everyone has a view on the topic I expect, what's yours?

I mostly post news articles, my own view is in the thread (page 15 I think).

I was referring the the poster quoted above with the most objectionable comments.

I actually mostly agree both with your comments on page 15 and that this could be a defining issue for our time.

It's a shame that the centre of the debate is so hard to find, with some on the left being too keen to throw around accusations of racism and to fall over each other to be over-welcoming at the risk of allowing in too many people who don't fully deserve it, and too many on the right (including the relatively new and massively swelling working class right) being of shameful views and blind to the fact our country has been totally destroyed by purely british people already.

The only solution to be found would be in a form of pragmatism, allowing in genuine refugees, subject others to background investigations that would previously have been held unduly intrusive, letting some people in under threat of instant deportation following criminal activity in a manner that would previously have been held to not follow human rights etc.

This will never happen though due to their being too much shouting from either side. There is literally no good solution left. I've always been massively left of center politically but this situation requires a pragmatism that challenges the old stances. But even typing this I'm reminded how ****ed the situation is. If I actually did hold a position of power then saying this some racist scum would agree with me, some would think I wasn't going far enough, and plenty on the left would call me racist etc. Thinking about it can only lead to despondency 

I was...

There needs to be a (proper) debate on migration in Parliament. Now's a good time to be engaging with the EU, given our continued participation is under discussion anyway.

The thing that really disappoints me is that the wealthy ME nations like Saudi, UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait are not taking in refugees.