Wee Red Book

HOODLUM65

Can anyone remember the Wee Red Book, which was and STILL is published by the Evening Times?

This was my bible of football stats.  50 + years ago, before computers,  mobile phones, I-pads and satellite tv footie channels. 

Spent hours pouring over Hi-Hi, Bully Wee and other Scottish football stats. 

It's on sale now at £2.99 or can be downloaded. 

Any newsagents locally that are selling it?

Edited by HOODLUM65
Grammar not too good

Got my copy a few weeks ago from my local village newsagent.  When paying I remarked that I could remember when it was just 3 pence (old money).  To my surprise, as he is English and only about 30, he said "I know".  "How do you know that" I asked.  "Because you told me last year"! 

Used to get a copy given to me by my grandad every year as a kid to get set for the new season. Surprised, but quite glad to see that it's still being produced. Thought it would have been killed off years ago thanks to the availability of info/stats online.

With a bit of thought and effort it could be brought into the modern age though, turn it into an app or even just a twitter account pumping relevant information and stats out regularly, a bit like the @SPLStats one does. Someone's obviously doing the research for it anyway. Would be good to see the name carried on to the next generation.