Michael O'Halloran

PauloPerth

Hypocritically off-topic post. To stop this pointless circle of thread analysis lets get back to MOH discussion.
Anyone want to make a bold prediction about where he will be in 5 years time? Hoisting the SPFL trophy for the bigot boys or playing for Accrington Stanley?

probably working in MacDonalds on Argyle St. 

Tbh, being a saints fan, I'm only really interested with players playing for us.  Obviously that includes the young lads out on loan.  

Yeah he won us the cup and no-one will ever be able to take that away from him but hus conduct over the 2 months when he knew Rangers were after him will always cloud his whole time here.   

Class professional!!! 

I'm feeling a bit sick boss. Can I come off 

FB_IMG_1455961746457.jpg

Browns come out and admitted he got the handling of the transfer wrong

“What would I do differently? There’s plenty. For example, in hindsight we should have brought the Michael O’Halloran thing to a conclusion sooner this year.

“It was a good bit of business because he wanted to go to Rangers but looking back, we shouldn’t have let it drag on.

“It definitely had an effect because of the uncertainty and it also impacted on us being able to bring players in.

“Is that something I need to learn from? Maybe it is.

“It took five weeks. We got there in the end, but if we were in that scenario again I’d put a timescale on it.”

• 10 months later...

No matter what we think of his move to Ibrox, he was very influencial for our teams success. .  Shame that a promising player is now decaying at an Old Firm side... How often does it happen.

Was surprised at the extent of his not so warm reception at McD...  I still think hold him in good stature.  He's a glimpse of his pace in the Saints shirt.

, was a low point. 

His end of tenure was definitely a miss, but ge was top dollar and gave all to the shirt when there was no transfer talk.  His highs outweigh the lows. A bitter taste on leaving for sure.. More heightened as it was That Lot.  He was our standout player for half a season before he moved. That is a fact that can't be argued. I'm in the minority who still think of him in good light.

Not surprised that he was booed and neither would he have been to be honest. It's part of what makes football, a pantomime villain. I don't think it makes any saints fan think less fondly of what he did when he was here and also him of what he thinks about saints.

in years to come, I'm sure they will have cup winners get together etc and he'll get a warm reception and also some slaggings from the rest of the players.

I'd have found it odd if he got any kind of a reception other than booing.

Edited by TheYellowBox

His end of tenure was definitely a miss, but ge was top dollar and gave all to the shirt when there was no transfer talk.  His highs outweigh the lows. A bitter taste on leaving for sure.. More heightened as it was That Lot.  He was our standout player for half a season before he moved. That is a fact that can't be argued. I'm in the minority who still think of him in good light.

He stopped playing for us, demanded a move and dropped a tier, to play for Rangers. 

He won the cup so will always be remembered in some form of fond way, but it was despicable how he treated the club, and TW, that winter. I can't see Tommy wanting him near the club again. 

He had three months of running fast during a two year spell with us before running out the door just as quickly at the first opportunity.

I have never vilified him for deciding to leave, he "got his move" (as they say) and also made the club some money in the process, but the way he handled himself towards the end was very poor and makes it hard to remember him with any real fondness.

Prick :laugh:

Edited by Kevin James Is On Stilts

Can't think badly of any of the cup winning side. A decent player who became brilliant for six months. The thing that stands out is that TW realised that, and stole half a mill or whatever from the dead club in an outstanding piece of business. Why down the line, TW and SB might be best known, apart from the cup, for their astute transfer dealings - Stevie hasn't exactly set England alight either. Swanson next?