The ghost of Jim Morton

Token discussion of Saints game followed by in-depth (pointless) analysis of a 0-0 draw between two teams I can't remember

This exactly. Last nights sportscene showed what all non old firm fans have known for years. Sportscene couldn't give a monkeys about the smaller clubs. The fact that they never even discussed our games major talking point just about sums up BBC Scotland for me. I'm not even surprised that they failed to mention Bobby Madden's woeful display either. If anything it makes it even sweeter when we prove our doubters wrong. SJFC. Underestimated since 1884.

Edited by saintscotty
bloody auto-correct.

Madden is a weak ref, Saturday was a classic cop out.  Every time two players jostle for the ball, fans braying for a call, so they got one, one one way then one the other.  It did Saints more favours than United.  A good ref would have pulled the culprits aside, or the captains or the managers and warned them, but he just evened it up poor, poor refereeing!

Madden is a weak ref, Saturday was a classic cop out.  Every time two players jostle for the ball, fans braying for a call, so they got one, one one way then one the other.  It did Saints more favours than United.  A good ref would have pulled the culprits aside, or the captains or the managers and warned them, but he just evened it up poor, poor refereeing!

Your trolling is becoming tiresome now.

I thought Dillon was making most of the decisions, once he had done his hatchet job on Mikey

Your trolling is becoming tiresome now.

Not trolling jhq.  Everyone talking about how to play 10 men.....what you saw form Saints on Saturday is an exemplar of how to play 11 when you have 10.  Stop any flow to the game ensure the 11 so not get into any flow to stretch the game, worked a treat we were bullied all over the park. I'm not complaining, just observing.  

Not trolling jhq.  Everyone talking about how to play 10 men.....what you saw form Saints on Saturday is an exemplar of how to play 11 when you have 10.  Stop any flow to the game ensure the 11 so not get into any flow to stretch the game, worked a treat we were bullied all over the park. I'm not complaining, just observing.  

Sorry, thought you were implying the ref did Saints more favours than United.  Because that would be trolling :)

Praised Saints and said BEaston should be contender for goal of the season. Even did the fancy graphic to  show it was 30.3 yards.

and it was second match on so the proper footie fans could watch the end of This is England on 4 and conveniently miss the Septic game. Everyone's a winner.

Nothing will change regarding what they think of our team, they are oblivious to what every other non Old Firm/Aberdeen supporter out there sees -

"Thank you for your comments regarding Sportscene on 22 September 2015.

The commentary during this match was of the usual high standard we would expect on BBC Scotland and there is absolutely no basis to your contention that any of our team are biased towards Rangers.

As an organisation, we place the highest value on accuracy and impartiality within our journalism and rigorous editorial standards are applied across all of our output. Please be assured that Senior Editorial staff, the Executive Committee and the BBC Trust keeps a close watch on programmes to ensure that standards of impartiality are maintained."

Pure Comedy!!

and even when we do get any recognition it's now turned into a media circus with speculation surrounding our manager and United, who recently knocked Barcelona and Munchengladbach out of the Eufa cup competition. They're almost as good to watch as Celtic were when they recently won the European Cup. Good luck to United in the final v Gothenburg. Still remember where I was just a few years ago when they won the league.

Edited by andrew

Nothing will change regarding what they think of our team, they are oblivious to what every other non Old Firm/Aberdeen supporter out there sees -

"Thank you for your comments regarding Sportscene on 22 September 2015.

The commentary during this match was of the usual high standard we would expect on BBC Scotland and there is absolutely no basis to your contention that any of our team are biased towards Rangers.

As an organisation, we place the highest value on accuracy and impartiality within our journalism and rigorous editorial standards are applied across all of our output. Please be assured that Senior Editorial staff, the Executive Committee and the BBC Trust keeps a close watch on programmes to ensure that standards of impartiality are maintained."

Pure Comedy!!

Compare that to the Sunday Herald. I moaned to the guy Neil McKay just appointed editor on Twitter, where he's very approachable, that his paper was too focused on the old firm,and in particular that they had managed to report on a Saints game a few weeks ago without managing to mention the words Saint or Johnstone (other than the score box). He promised to have a word with the sports guys. Next week, the Saints game report was liberally sprinkled with Saints and Johnstones, to such an extent that a peeved reporter was clearly making a point. Quite funny.

Thought the Saints chat on Sportscene was above average last night. Most frustrating for me was that the camera man chose the moment of BEaston pulling the trigger of his screamer/goal of the season to light his fag. Bravo!

I see Saints just posted a video of it that pans further left before he hits it, don't know how the hell they managed that?  Maybe it's a full frame camera that crops the image for TV?

https://youtu.be/xMzxRtsl3Qw