The ghost of Jim Morton

I usually just wait till the highlights appear online . Its been mince for ages .

Part of the point this week is that the highlights online are only a 25 second section in a 100 second montage of 'the other unimportant games' that was also shown on Sportscene.  Now the SPFL youtube channel doesn't do their own, we are stuck with the BBC highlights.  They used to be 4-6 minutes per game.  Now it is 25 seconds.

Part of the point this week is that the highlights online are only a 25 second section in a 100 second montage of 'the other unimportant games' that was also shown on Sportscene.  Now the SPFL youtube channel doesn't do their own, we are stuck with the BBC highlights.  They used to be 4-6 minutes per game.  Now it is 25 seconds.

I did see that MS . I aint watched sportscene for I don't know how many years. The time its on at and the fact its sh!te is why I still only watch the highlights or goals .

Here is my response from the BBC for your information :-

Thank you for getting in touch about Sportscene on 1 November 2015.

We do appreciate feedback, both positive and negative, and please be assured the production team are aware of your concerns.

The running order is a matter of editorial judgement each week. There are various factors that we take into account in each match such as the level of incidents, newsworthiness, quality of action and striking the best balance during the show. We also try to strike a balance between the multicamera outside broadcast games and those covered on two cameras. Our contract with the SPFL does not involve us actually covering the games – even in the Premiership we acquire the pictures from a range of other broadcasters and the SPFL themselves in the case of the non-live or as live matches. There are also contractual restrictions around how much material we can show from each match.

It is simply not the case that we favour any particular team.

Thank you, once again, for taking the time to contact us.

I just came on to post the Beeb's response to my BBC complaint.  However it's word for word the same as Saint Paul's.

Seem's St Paul's Letter To The BBC wasn't taken as seriously as his letters to The Ephesians, The Thessalonians, The Corinthians etc.......

I wrote an email of interest, and dare say thousands others would have, Im not tuning in again if I get as much game time as Sky Sports News goals.   Why not extend Sportscene if they want to spend so long on the top 2 clash (well what was the top 2 clash, as it is 1st v 3rd.)   It certainly seems the end of the road for Sportscene...   I wonder what the BBC Scotland contract specifies it does not actually involve covering games, next week 30 minutes of ramblings about the two ugly sisters with no goals or highlights or a glimpse of a football as  "Our contract with the SPFL does not involve us actually covering the games"

Edited by Dave H

level of incidents, newsworthiness, quality of action

So by their own rules surely Saints should have been top billing as 6 goals and some top saves must count as a decent level of incients, as for newsworthiness we equaled our long standing record for consecutive away wins and nobody can deny that our goals were scrambles, especially MOH's....and the Hamilton free kick was pretty good too.

In any other country a game with 6 goals, some saves and a penalty would be near top billing but less than a minute's coverage is embarrassing. Fair enough if they have restrictions on the content  they can show (who the **** is writing/signing that contract by the way) but if that's the case simply give the time to the best games and not just the Glasgow and Edinburgh sides. They'd still show full highlights of Celtic winning a boring 1-0 game at Dingwall.

I'm aware that they are trying to make a programme on a low budget but this doesn't excuse the weekly wankfest over Celtic. Why can't they just be honest and say the Edinburgh and Glasgow sides have more fans so we'd rather keep them happy than genuinely show 

I expect this week after we've had all the "action" from everywhere else that the imp that is Johnathan Sutherland with spount "Elsewhere, St Johnstone beat Killie"

Same pish response for everyone.  Copy and paste reply job. Says everything about the BBC, how they are run and the level of "don't give a fuck" that runs through the  corporation.

The only surprise is that  I actually dared to think we might get a worthy response.. More fool me.

My next move is gonna be to have a go on twitter at anyone connected with the shitefest.  That will probably get me  less than nowhere but at least i will feel good about it.

WANKERS....

Just received the same generic reply.

So the editorial team look to games with highest levels of goals, incidents etc.

That explains Dundee United v Ross County getting 'extended' highlights whilst the absolute borefest at New Douglas Park got about a minute or so. 

****ing idiots. Can't wait til this Sunday's edition......

And despite Hibs and United taking part in a cup quarter final his week, you'd have been hard pressed to know about it from the radio or TV.  The media have spent the whole week slobbering over Delia and the Molde game.

but they were saying that Celtic could have a second half group return like Molde had in the first - 7 points from the three games :)