Sevco v Saints 22/10 Match Thread

David123

I think every Saints fan on the planet was totally bemused by the selection and set up last night when it was announced, no idea why folk are finding great joy in highlighting it.

Lapin to me was an interesting selection, played in front of the big stage / large crowds for much of his career, not remotely in awe of Rangers and was composed. Struck a beautiful clean goal, calm as a cucumber. 

Last night saw Tommy at his best, using the small toolkit he has versus much of our opposition. How many times have we seen what looked like a 'perfect' selection only to see us fall flat on our face. Always like to think of the positives in any 11 players Tommy puts out.

I thought the team selection was suicidal, but then I assumed we'd go 4-5-1 with Macca up top, whereas he played Mikey up front and Macca behind him which made obvious sense in hindsight.  I still questioned his choice of Lappin, but then Lappin is either excellent or terrible, with nothing inbetween, so I would call it a gamble that paid off.  Zippy must have been gutted to miss out mind you, but I suppose those are the tough decisions.  Scobbie in defence worried me too, but then Ando clearly isn't match fit.  He seems to have lost a bit of faith in Brad McKay.

It is certainly not the team I would have selected, but then that's why I work in an office doing a crappy job and why TW is heading towards being the best manager in our history.

Whilst happy with the result, I was disappointed in the way we sat off of them in the second half and couldn't string half a dozen passes together, or keep the ball. I would've loved saints to have gone on and destroyed them. 

Can any team afford to defend for 44 mins on a 3-0 lead after what Lewandowski did last night. 

I'm not bemoaning our performance, great win, just wishing we'd ground them into the dirt and left them in tatters as a lesson to the players, support and media ! 

I think every Saints fan on the planet was totally bemused by the selection and set up last night when it was announced, no idea why folk are finding great joy in highlighting it.

Is it not reasonable to highlight that TW got his team selection and tactics spot on last night given when he gets it wrong there is never any shortage of people pointing it out?  There's got to be a bit of balance surely? 

super fans, one up man ship ! Don't criticise, or have any kind of opinion.

As I posted I was despondent about the line up, not what I would of gone with, especially with lappen and scobbie. That was my opinion and I got it off my chest by posting it here. I posted an opinion to a discussion forum I was wrong, it's happened before I'll live.

So very glad I was wrong but there is more than one way and one line up to win a football match last night it worked play the same team today it might not, that's football. 

Just my opinion and as they say. Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one.... And they mostly spout shite 

Warburton has shown no class in his comments before and after the game. It was no different at work this morning either, one of the lovers of all thing sevco that I have the misfortune  to work beside was claiming that they were the better team and that we were lucky. I told him that his mob were the lucky ones, lucky it wasn't five. How I love days like this.

I wasn't.  Why would I be totally bemused by the manager picking a team (which is what he is paid to do) which consisted of eleven players who are registered and contracted to play for St Johnstone?

Just been watching this back on the TV and noticed one of the Saints supporters waving a 'Yes' flag. That is an utter disgrace. The referendum was over a year ago, give it a break. If you are so desperate to live in an independent country go and live in Iceland or Switzerland and come back when Scotland finally sort themselves out whether we want to break the union or not.

Just been watching this back on the TV and noticed one of the Saints supporters waving a 'Yes' flag. That is an utter disgrace. The referendum was over a year ago, give it a break. If you are so desperate to live in an independent country go and live in Iceland or Switzerland and come back when Scotland finally sort themselves out whether we want to break the union or not.

Why the feck should he not show the flag we (as in Scotland as a whole not just the yes campaign) were screwed by Gordon Brown and his cronies and are still being screwed now, the sooner we are free and independent  the better as far as I am concerned.

Sorry for going off topic but someone baited and I bit at it   !!!!!!!!!!