Sevco v Saints 22/10 Match Thread

David123

Will be attending castle grey skull for this one.  Was really looking forward to this prior to the Killie game but now I'm not sure what Saints team will turn up.  Our away record has been abysmal and Rangers will no doubt be desperate to see how this years team fares against an SPL team.  If we can get MOH on the ball and running at them I'm sure we will cause them problems.  They had a less than impressive win against Dumbarton yesterday.  We really need to start well, get ahead and let their fans get on their backs.  Tommy really needs to get this defence sorted out for this one maybe Ando's not quite ready judging on yesterday's outing, hope fisher recovers and we can keep joe and Dave in the middle.  Would also keep Spoony on the bench.

COYS!

This is never an easy place to get a result, the forces of darkness are on the up, however they aren't as good as they think they are! Unfortunately the pessimist in me thinks they will only need to be average to get a result because they can always count on the 12th Man & I don't mean the crowd. Would have liked to have lent my support in person but will have to be content with shouting at the telly. C'mon Saints prove me wrong!!!!:shock:

The 12th man in this game will be confidence, there is a team who are used to winning ways and riding on the crest of a wave and there's another who are not. 

I hope to F*** i'm wrong. 

Maybe, just maybe, all the flashes of inspiration we have shown in some of our games will come together for 90. 

This could end up being a game of 2 defences. 6 - 5 us, :cool:

Good pay day..

Will be good to see how we react to getting beat in the league. One thing is sure as there will be goals.... or have I just jinxed that for 0-0?

Performance isn't important it's the result, potential banana skin tie, so a win in any manner is the only acceptable result against a lower league team who have had a good start to season, however in context any away game in the league cup would be a potential banana skin on our first outing in this season's comp.

I think this will be a big test for the attacking full backs that Rangers have. Until now they have more or less had a free reign to attack. Playing with MOH in full flow would see Wallace getting tied back.

Can only hope that MOH is fit, looked to have taken a knock towards end of yesterdays match.

Fancy this to be the night the smirk is wiped off the blue noses faces.

Sevco fans I know reckon they will win easy, if our defence play they way they've been playing they could be right. However, if Tommy gets his selection right and the players play how we know they can, then I'm convnced of an away win (in 90 mins please as I've got Saints on a coupon).

2-1 to Saints, McLean and MOH

heard a caller on the superscoreboard phone in say he be gutted if they only won 1 nil and nothing but 4 or 5 will be acceptable. and they wonder why folk dislike them. think a lot of folk are doing the team a disservive saying they arent playing anyone decent. we all know how tough a league the champioship is. quietly confident tho as we always seem to bounce back after a poor result.

Mannus

Fisher Ando Dave Easton

Millar      Muzz

Moh   Macca     Spoony

Cummins

subs-Clark Joe Scobbie Craig Thomson Kane Sutton

I see this game as a distraction and just looking forward to it being out of the way, win or lose. The Saturday league game against The Arabs is far more important. 

Sevco have been scoring goals for fun, a good performance (especially by the defense) will be a moral booster for not only 

the United game, but the game against the league leaders the following week.

Don't get all this game means nothing rather be elsewhere attitude, this and Scottish cup are only things we can win, so personally looking forward to it and would like nothing better than getting it right up that shower of Shite in their own backyard,  plus means a wee payday and a quarter final tie to add more funds into our club.

So let's get behind the lads at greyskull coys 

Edited by crieffsaintandy

Going to be a tense affair all round - they are not as good as their results suggest and this will be a big test for them -Frustrate them and their supporters will instantly turn against them.    Saints Should be hurting after their last performance and hopefully their attitude will come through.  I expect another tight game and it could go to extra time and penalties.

Given the form of our defence, and the form that Sevco have been in recently, I have a terrible feeling about this game.  A team with confidence, regardless of perceived skill, is always dangerous, however, we can hope that this turns into arrogance for them.

We have enough about us to beat them but we really need to sort out the silly mistakes at the back.  I would move Shaugnessy back to right back and bring in Brad McKay to partner Dave MacKay.  McLean also back in for Sutton, as McLean should be raring to go for this one.

I am not confident, but always believe that Saints can get the result.  COYS !!!