Saints v Dundee Utd. 26/9/15

The ghost of Jim Morton

Fantastic performance from the whole Saints team. 

Worst I've seen from United in years so no surprise when MacNamara goes.  Referee did his best to give them all the decisions.  Officials had a terrible day.

Team dug in and gave everything and looked so good on the ball. 

Craig looking back to his best and seems to be enjoying his football again - seems a great signing for us.

Had a feeling Cummins would score today and what a way to do it.  Brilliant leap and header and he worked tirelessly throughout.

Fantastic when Lappin on in 79th minute scores in 80th  - delightful touch to finish off United.

Big Zander was great coming on and hope he can keep that up and takes his chance while Manus is suspended.

Aside from his mistake leading up to the sending off Tam Scobbie had a great game today.

Dave Mackay  - what a captain so steady at the back.

What a great day to be a Saintie and follows such a great display in the cup.  Let's keep it up next week against the sheep who have now lost two in a row.

That was an absolutely outstanding team performance. Every single player showed amazing character and we fully deserved the victory.

We were all over United during the opening stages, passing the ball with purpose and moving it around quickly. We were clearly high on confidence following Tuesday's cup win against The Rangers. It was pleasing to take that level of performance into a match against another dislikeable team. Unfortunately, the referee was determined to be the centre of attention and made an absolutely dreadful decision in sending off Alan Mannus. Mannus made no movement towards the player. He simply stood his ground whilst Mckay ran into him and fell over, sending Mannus to the ground as well. If anything, it's a free-kick to Saints. But Madden gave a penalty and red-card, meaning we had to change our game-plan. This wasn't Madden's only mistake. It was an absolutely disgusting refereeing performance, one of the worst I've ever seen. I'm surprised that there has been no mention on this is on the radio. Actually, on second thoughts, maybe I'm not.

We did well to go into the half-time break with a one-goal deficit, and then we came out with all guns blazing in the second-half. It was fantastic. Tommy Wright is a wonderful manager and this group of players never fail to impress me.

Grit, determination, belief, teamwork, graft, sweat, blood, warriorism ( maybe made that one up??) fight, quality, never say die , heart, bucket loads of heart, bravery, tenacity, backbone, resolve, courage and persistence. That's my team. Thank you St.Johnstone, thank you so much. I feel very proud to be a saints fan right now.

I refuse to waste any  time on the referee

Like others on here, quite simply over the moon with that performance.  I really didn't think there was a way back after the sending off but saints went on to produce what was simply an  unbelievable performance.  How satisfying is it to continue this utter dominance over United and their dillusional fans. That performance ranks up their with some of our best. Mckay rounding a United player and Tommy showing just what it meant to him at the end of the match was just the icing on the cake.  Proud to be a saintee!

Was convinced we'd come back and win that game with 10 men. Don't know if that's a reflection on how pish Dundee United are or otherwise but just had that feeling.

What a team performance, from Zander all through the back 4 and midfield and Zippy and Macca. We'll always make mistakes and lose daft goals cause that is just where St. Johnstone are. We'll lose games we should win but one thing you can never accuse a Saints team of is being bottlers. I can't remember the last time I left a Saints game complaining about the lack of determination or effort.

One of the great performances of the ages today. I would have sold my wife for the the draw after half hour if I was offered but Saints were awesome.

I sit in the West stand and was genuinely shocked when the whole stand started clapping in time with the hooligans in the left East (who are best fans by the way)- one of the best atmospheres I can remember. Legend.